Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Some days are just so long

Hi all, I made it through those couple of tough days.  Actually I celebrated Stephen and all the wonderful memories on Oct 10 instead of being sad.  I know I will eventually let those days of each month go by.  Was just odd this month.

I just love the sharing of pet stories and photos!  If you don't mind, I'll share this one.   It was one of the last photos taken.  Louie (8 year old Westie) was daddy's boy.  He is now very much momma's boy.  Stephen grew up with two Westies.  Louie is my first dog ever.

~Shirley

Steve Last Photo.jpeg

• Like 4

Ahh what an adorable dog, very very cute!  They look good together, like they belong together.  I'm glad, Shirley, that you were able to think of positive things rather than have the day be one of sadness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shebert56 said:

Hi all, I made it through those couple of tough days.  Actually I celebrated Stephen and all the wonderful memories on Oct 10 instead of being sad.  I know I will eventually let those days of each month go by.  Was just odd this month.

I just love the sharing of pet stories and photos!  If you don't mind, I'll share this one.   It was one of the last photos taken.  Louie (8 year old Westie) was daddy's boy.  He is now very much momma's boy.  Stephen grew up with two Westies.  Louie is my first dog ever.

~Shirley

Steve Last Photo.jpeg

Atta girl, Shirley! Keep up the positive moves and attitude. With that working for you, you will get through this.

And I love the photo.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, olemisfit said:

Do ya'll mind if i butt in and show mine off?  She is a"rescue" case we gave a home to in Dec. 2011, so I am only able to guess at her age. She's 10 or so now. The perfect size for apartment living. The best guess I can come up with is that Cookie had about 15-16 dogs during our marriage, and all but the first 2 were/are rescue cases.

1885093202_MeandSugar.jpg.6cef445f1c50904f6f3402432e3a7630.jpgSugar.thumb.jpg.e5ff4f1786a05ee3ae7d20ddde0b2919.jpg

Darrel

Oh, so very sweet and cute?  Thanks for sharing...Cookie

6 hours ago, shebert56 said:

~Shirley

Steve Last Photo.jpeg

Love the pic!  

On 10/11/2018 at 2:33 AM, Gwenivere said:

How exciting!  Congratulations Cookie!  Going to be a long months wait, but for a good reason.  I did the same thing, had the breeder choose a pup for me with a laid back temperament.   She was at first, but then she became a 'big' dog.  Had been a long time since I dealt with that.  It’s worth it tho.  Mine is almost 4 and active as all get out.  You ready for potty training again?  🐩❤️

Excited and feel ready, and, yet, at the same time nervous and feel anxious.  It's been a long time since I've had a puppy, so therein lies the reason for feeling anxious.  Surely I can do this!  The problem is that everything I do now without John leaves me feeling a tad anxious....but, I will get through it.  I do think it's the right thing; will just be a little bittersweet without him here to share it.  Puppy stages won't last forever.....!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

More pet pictures.....I love seeing people with their pets.  It's one of the most uplifting things I can think of.  We've got some really good ones on here so far.....Cookie

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, kayc said:

Arlie and Kitty were both rescues, she's 23 now, Arlie is nearly 11. He's lost 30 lbs since this picture but with all that fur, who can tell!

Kitty123008-3 Sm.jpg

Arlie running free small.jpg

Awww.....sweet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Widowedbysuicide said:

Kay I have the sister to your cat... Now to get the picture!

I just read your thread and posted the picture over there, also one of Miss Mocha who died June 3, 2016.  I was blown away at the picture of your cat, they're even both lighter on the same side of the face!

• Like 1