Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Visitation in Dream?

Last night was the first night I managed to have eight full hours of sleep and woke up when daylight was here.  Typically I'm awake at 4 am.

I had a dream last night.  Not a dream where I am somewhere else, but a dream in the present.  I woke up to pee, then couldn't get back to sleep from thinking of Stephen's passing.  As I drifted off, I'm not sure if in a dream or not, I felt gentle hands on my shoulders, then drifted to sleep, or drifted to sleep in my dream.

I'm not sure what happened, but I feel that Stephen visited me.  And I woke up for the first time not immediately in a grief state.

Just thought I'd share.

~Shirley

• Like 4

Shirley,

That's wonderful!  It sounds like a visitation whether in dream or not, I'm glad it allowed you to sleep peacefully.

Super! :)   Someone tweaked my toe a day or so after Mark passed away, as I was trying to rest, half asleep with the cat curled up nearby but away from that foot.  She didn't twitch but I distinctly felt a touch on my left foot, although no one was there when my eyes flew open.  He used to do that to say goodbye, when getting up early for dialysis  at 4:00am.  Nothing like this has happened since, although I have had probably about 12 distinct and clear dreams of him in the last year and a half.  I started keeping a dream journal so I would not forget details. 

I would swear that I dream more often than I can clearly recall because I distinctly feel like I dreamed of him, or that he came by to "look in" on me, but no recollection comes to mind, even if I make myself lie down quietly on waking, to gather the bits of dream sequences before they vanish.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first visitation (while I was asleep, but it was a real visitation, not a dream) from my husband a few nights ago. I had had a very difficult two weeks, missing him so deeply. His visit was such a wonderful surprise and healing. During it he was nodding his head and smiling, to let me know it was really him. When I woke up I felt a peace that I had not felt since he passed last December.

If you've been asking your loved one to visit you but it hasn't happened yet, don't give up! It might happen when you least expect it!

• Like 3

It usually IS when we least expect it...and need it!

• Like 1