Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Approaching one month

Monday will mark one month that Stephen's soul took flight.  It's been a tough weekend.

And I'm feeling very alone.  Although I truly know I'm not.  It's one of those mornings where I just want to run and hide somewhere. 

I did get out for a half-mile walk.  I need to do more of that.  My neighbor and one or two other ladies walk every morning, so perhaps it's time I join them.  Just for some company and conversation.  I miss both of those things.

Wishing everyone moments of peace today.  

~Shirley

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Shirley:  Sorry you have to go through this anniversary. 

I can remember the first time I took my dog out for a walk  after my husband passed.  It was a semi warm Spring day.  I could see a few neighbors in their yards as I hesitantly left my driveway, and as I got to the intersection, a dear neighbor was driving her car around the corner.  She  stopped her car in the middle of the street and walked straight towards me and gave me the biggest hug ever.  We wept for a few seconds.  That was the first moment I knew how it felt to be with someone who truly knew my pain.   You will be in my thoughts.  Dee

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Shirley,

Getting out and walking with your neighbors sounds a great idea!  You'll be in my thoughts today, always glad to get through those milestones.

All, I made it through yesterday better than I could have imagined.  And without any meds. 

I filled the day with positive and happy thoughts of Stephen.  Many conversations with him for sure.  No weeping either.

I considered attending a prayer service the hospital chapel had invited me to, but I decided not to attend.  Stephen would not hesitate to say if it will make you unhappy, don't do it.  So I didn't, and I was at great peace with that decision.

A day at a time.

Hugs,

Shirley

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, shebert56 said:

All, I made it through yesterday better than I could have imagined.  And without any meds. 

I filled the day with positive and happy thoughts of Stephen.  Many conversations with him for sure.  No weeping either.

I considered attending a prayer service the hospital chapel had invited me to, but I decided not to attend.  Stephen would not hesitate to say if it will make you unhappy, don't do it.  So I didn't, and I was at great peace with that decision.

A day at a time.

Hugs,

Shirley

So glad to hear it!  I didn't attend the hospital service either because they had it a full year later, seemed rather anticlimatic by then, plus it would have meant a 100 mile round trip in the dark and I had enough commuting for work.

• 3 weeks later...