Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Something good is actually happening!

Something wonderful is happening. I have I guess passed a few good mile markers on this danged journey. There will always be potholes and speed bumps, but it's really nice to hit a smooth patch now and then.

Cookie and I were both very avid readers. When we had to close down our book store we ended up with a lifetime supply of books to read. Since Cookie's death I have had no desire to read a book. I've tried to several times, but after a paragraph or two I just never had the desire to continue. And the same with listening to music.

Something is happening. I am about 2/3 of the way thru a 392 page book, and yesterday and the day before I have enjoyed listening to several of the channels I have on Pandora. It's has really been nice and enjoyable. 

I'm not saying all this to brag. But I do want to share it with everyone who is floundering around (like we all do here) and feeling there will never be an end to all the misery. I will likely never find the end of this road, but if I can actually enjoy things every once in a while I will okay with that. Hopefully I will continue to want to read and listen to music from now on.

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Darrel,

I share in your delight!  It's so good to get anything back!  I was always an avid reader that had one or two books going at any given time and read every day.  When George died, so did my reading.  It took TEN YEARS before I got it back!  I'm glad it didn't take that long for you.  I also have a huge collection of books to read, possibly enough to last me for life.  ;)  I'm glad you got back your enjoyment of music too.

Darrel, your story lifted my spirits! 💙  You have inspired me to think about these things again, something I haven't done since August.

I lunched today with a co-worker of Stephen's (to whom I already have a close relationship).  For a couple of days I've felt "flat."  Not grief, not exactly sadness. Just flat. Today broke that cycle.   

~Shirley

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shebert56 said:

Darrel, your story lifted my spirits! 💙  You have inspired me to think about these things again, something I haven't done since August.

I lunched today with a co-worker of Stephen's (to whom I already have a close relationship).  For a couple of days I've felt "flat."  Not grief, not exactly sadness. Just flat. Today broke that cycle.   

~Shirley

Shirley, I'm so glad you had a better day today. As you continue on this journey you don't want to be on be sure you always notice and pay attention to the better days. You will have relapses too, but the pleasant breaks from this new reality will be like the light at the end of a tunnel. Like the old cliche, time heals all wounds. 

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

• Like 1