Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Losing Spouse AND Child

Thanks everyone. I miss them a lot - more than I can explain. However, I feel so connected to them spiritually. Before this happened I didn't really believe much in stuff like that. I guess most people don't until it happens to them. There have been SO many "signs" and "im still with you's". It makes me feel so good and I cannot help but be happy for them. The selfish side of me wants them here of course, but I know we will all be together again some day. I have to get busy living or get busy dying - and even though we are all actually doing both, I am going to live THROUGH them and FOR them. I am at peace with what has happened to them. It hurts and is so unfair at times when I question it - but I know there is some one or some thing far greater than I am that has all of the answers. 

So, I just look forward to the day I can see them again ... 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, krissyaldridge said:

I have to get busy living or get busy dying - and even though we are all actually doing both, I am going to live THROUGH them and FOR them.

Krissy, very well said.  The soul is eternal.  Sarah and Noah will always be with you.  Always.

Hugs,

Shirley

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 7:53 AM, krissyaldridge said:

Decluttering? Letting go of personal belongings?

Am I moving about this too soon? 

I lost my precious husband of 50+ years in April 2015.  I have tried to "declutter" gradually as I have found some days I think I can go through his clothes and/or belongings, collections, etc., and after 15 minutes I have to stop and wait until I am stronger.  It may take me a week later to get back to it, or sometimes it still isn't done yet.  Grief plays games with us.   We are all different, so don't let anyone, friends or relatives, tell you what is right for you.  You will know what is right for you.

So sorry for the loss of your lovely wife and your young son.  Just continue doing "One Day at a Time". Dee

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, shebert56 said:

What worked for me is if I picked it up and it felt wrong, I left it alone. 

Good advice!  I remember cleaning out George's trailer (by myself no less and it was WAY too soon!  You could hear my wails a block away!  Probably further.  I should have waited another year and had my daughter help me.