Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Prayer...

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep,

If I should die before I wake,

I pray the Lord my soul to take...so I can again be with my Cookie.

3 years ago yessterday was the last time I heard her wonderful voice. She was extubated and brought up from under the sedative to see if she could breathe on her own. That only lasted about 2 hours, and then back under she went.She never even opened her eyes after that. She had begun to show some parkinson symptoms by then, so she just laid there and chewed on the tubes for those last 10 days of her life after the 20th. It was all so heartbreaking to see her that way. Those now are my memories of this season. I so terribly miss the sound of her voice, her wonderful belly laugh, and just being able to hold her hand or hug her.  These are the days when I get a really bad case of melancholia (is that even a word?).

But I will get up and put one foot in front of the other...

Darrel

1970933275_SkyeandDarrel001.thumb.jpg.b19adfdea23af886645f7d4b40174ec8.jpgProudest day of my life . She was   a keeper! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CairnLady said:

Darrel,

That is such a wonderful photo. 

Thank you very much. Nobody expected our marriage to last. Ours was such a whirlwind courtship. We were married within about 4 months of laying eyes on each other. But I'm pretty sure we proved them all wrong...41+ years together.

• Like 2

Darrel, 

You two are just too cute together!  The way you look at each other...that's how it was for George and I too.  People used to stare at us or comment about it, like they hadn't seen true love before!

I understand your prayer, your heart's cry...not trying to rush anything, I have two animals to take care of, but I'm ready when God is!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kayc said:

I understand your prayer, your heart's cry...not trying to rush anything, I have two animals to take care of, but I'm ready when God is!

Kay, I hear ya about the critters. If I didn't have this little one of mine I probably would've done the kind of thing that there's no coming back from back in the beginning days of all this fun stuff. And to think that I wouldn't have been around for all this partying we all do around here!

• Like 3