Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Healing and growth after Shock and AWE

Update:

I passed my Amateur Ham Radio Technician license on March 4th. I'm still waiting for my call sign, so I can operate a ham radio. I'm now studying for the next level: General License.

My other good news is my roof repairs and complete shingling of my home was finally completed last week. The job was delayed three weeks due to constant rains. I keep pressing on. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 7

Yes, congratulations are definitely in order!  I know you succeed at whatever you set your mind and heart to!

And I'm glad the stressors of the roof is behind you!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 6:08 PM, iPraiseHim said:

I passed my Amateur Ham Radio Technician license on March 4th. I'm still waiting for my call sign, so I can operate a ham radio. I'm now studying for the next level: General License.

George:  So good to hear your news about your passing you Amateur Ham Radio Technician license.  And, good to know your roof is repaired.  Both are great accomplishments.  Good Luck on next level, General License.  Dee

• Like 2

Watched this post this morning and had to share it. We never know how we will touch and affect other people even through grief and mourning. This encourage me and I hope it does the same for you.  https://www.facebook.com/faizel.sampson - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 1

My call sign is KO4OGV.     "Keep on for One God Victorious".

I'm learning how to use the radio and plan to sit for the general exam next Saturday. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 4

I wish you well Saturday!  I love the video you posted, shared it on FB!  Beautiful message to get across!

Way to go, George!

I've never used a ham radio before. We had a CB business back in the 70's. Used a big base station and mobiles. Limited mileage range unless "skip" was running and Big Brother wasn't around. It was fun talking to other people, but some could get nasty and threatening just as now on social media, I guess. I'm not on Facebook so couldn't view the video.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

couldn’t watch the video.  Facebook and I don’t get along.  Could someone give me the basics of what it is?

It's too bad you were unable to watch it.  Someone playing the piano and his neighbor joined in, both of them fantastic.  They did this for months until the elderly neighbor moved. 

He talked about how anyone can be a light to someone else in the darkness, even in Covid.  They were amazing!  I'm sorry you couldn't view it.  I wouldn't think you'd have to be logged in to watch it because it's set to public, but what do I know about FB!

• Like 1

I did get to finally see it.  Facebook made me log in and since I never go there unless it’s an 'open' (?) Link,  I can rarely see things.  Had some time to kill so found my password and watched it.  Pretty cool.  Too bad the one moved.  It was a beautiful musical conversation between strangers.  

I’m so not a Facebook person.  I always feel I’ve gotten into a bizarro world as I can’t navigate it.  I don’t know why posts appear in the oddest places and responses are so inane at times with....me too, or great, or something that seems a waste to even say.  Don’t know how to upload anything if I had something and my 'friend,' list is people I never talk to much, if at all, anymore or ones I am in contact with via email.  Maybe because it’s so 'happy' and I can’t relate.  I always feel I’m really not a part of the world reading all the stuff people do.  Whoa, I better stop here.   This is a perfect example as I’m writing about Facebook and I don’t even care!  Too much empty time on my hands again!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I sat for the General Ham license on Saturday and passed it. I'm learning how to communicate with other operators. It is a chance to meet and talk with other people. This last year has been really isolating with lockdowns and restrictions. I am pursuing the Amateur Extra License and plan to take the exam on May 13th. - Shalom

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I found radios fascinating as a kid.  In the middle off the night you could pick up stations very far off.  My dad said it was how radio waves changed when the airwaves weren’t crowded as they are now.  Don’t know if he was right, but I sure found some interesting stuff, even in other languages, not just spanish and this was in New Mexico. I’d even hear truckers communicating.

cingrats George!  

• Like 2

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats Snoopy.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I took my Ham Radio Extra Exam last night and passed. I have been studying for it daily since I took the General exam on March 27th.

We have a serious gasoline shortage in my area due to the Colonial Pipeline shutdown.  Fortunately, I found some gas on my return home last night. It is 30 cents higher than my previous purchase, but I need gas for work next week. May is the month I struggle with... this too shall pass! State minimum wage went up 31% and gas 30%. I lost a 6-year client this week because I haven't taken the jab.  I still miss Rose Anne daily. I doubt that will ever change.  Yet I still press forward to the mark set before me. Shalom(Peace)

• Like 5

Congrats again, George.  Been watching about the fuel hack that crippled the NE.  

always good seeing you check in.  Been missing Steve always to.  Know that will never change.

Stay healthy!  

• Like 4

George, I'm sorry you lost your client, seems so unfair.  EVERYTHING has gone up, you can't be expected to absorb all of these hits!

Proud of you for passing, I seriously doubt I could do that!  

Hoping the gas shortage dies down with them restarting operations...soon!

You're in my thoughts and prayers this month.:wub:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Checking in:

It's been a busy summer. I replaced my garage door and lift. Cleaned it out and can now park my van inside. No more scraping ice, snow, etc.. and I can leave my cleaning supplies in my van now. I installed a new mailbox and have donated most of Rose Anne's clothes, shoes, bags, etc... It took me this long to get to it. Each person's timeline is different. I still miss her everyday. I doubt that will ever change. Working on taxes, more cleaning and repairing of my home. I am still working my business and able to function. Keep pressing forward to the mark set before us each day! - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 6

You get more done than anyone I know!  Do it while you can!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

Keep pressing forward to the mark set before us each day! - Shalom (Peace)

George:  Good to read you are doing well.  You are an inspiration.  Your last sentence says it all to me, now if I can just get it into motion.  Continue checking in. Dee

• Like 2