Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Healing and growth after Shock and AWE

Checking in... My birthday was on Tuesday (24th) and I spent  a good evening with my sister and her husband. We went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and she made me a carrot cake( Mom's home family recipe). I am fortunate to still be able to work and take care of myself. June 1st, it will be five years since i committed to follow a very low-carb lifestyle. I have managed to reverse my diabetes and put it in remission. I have also shed 190 lbs and have kept it off for over three years.

Life always has its challenges. I call them "wrinkles" that need to be iron out. Lot's of drama when my mobile cell phone carrier was bought out by Verizon. They are forcing us to convert to their system(Sim) card by "interrupting" service until we "volunteer" to convert... This too shall pass. There is no customer or company loyalty anymore.

I have noticed that everything is polarized to cause us to be divided, separated, and off balanced. Instilling fear keeps us from making logical decisions based on facts and experience. Even the news, social media, etc.. is being steered in a certain direction.  Most people are not awake or aware of what is the Truth. As for me, I will continue to follow Peace and keep pressing forward towards the mark set before me.

May is a month full of memories, Day I met Rose Anne, Her birthday, my birthday, my Mom's, Mother's Day, My sister's birthday (today), and MY parents wedding anniversary (today).  June is my dad's birthday, day he died, and Father's Day. With great memories we also have moments of grief and remembrance. I'm still searching for the healing part of this recovery.  Take care my friends. - Shalom(Peace)

• Like 6

May into June is hard for you, I'm about to start my hard month, my dad's bdy and anv, George's bdy, death day on Father's Day.  I try to attribute something positive to each day but still we remember...soon to be my soon to be ex SIL's bdy, and at the end of the month, my beautiful daughter's bdy, so that to look forward to.

Always surviving, marching forward, no matter what hits us.  Good for you for losing more weight!  I told my son what you're doing, a struggle of his too.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

Life always has its challenges. I call them "wrinkles" that need to be iron out.

So much going on in your life, George.  Belated Happy Birthday.  Im a 1955 kid too.  It’s great you have the desire to take such. good care of your health.  May and June are my wrinkled months in the winter.  Things sneak in all year tho.   Wish I could work as you do, or volunteer.  Id like feel I contributed something.  I miss that.  Its always good to hear from you.  I admire your positivity as I really miss that feeling.  Hearing  you have it nears it still exists.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Happy July 4th,

I watched this today which summarizes this grief and healing journey. A wise woman who shares what we travel each day. the title," Living without the one you cannot live without"  caught my attention.   I have not reached my "new normal" yet. I'm not sure that is possible. Yet, I press forward towards the mark set before me. - Shalom (Peace)

• Like 4

George, this is simply wonderful, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. I encourage everyone to take the time to watch this video! Natasha Josefowitz offers valid and reliable information and practical suggestions for healing. This is one very wise lady, who speaks from personal experience!

The only comment I would add is that in the years since Dr. Josefowitz was widowed (2009), experts in the field of grief and bereavement have studied and come to understand so much more about personality patterns and gender differences in grief. (See, for example, How We Mourn: Understanding Our Differences.)  ❤️

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope your day went well and you got to rest and get off your feet.  Wanted to talk to you last night but too exhausted after trip, even Kodie was out, also too late to call. ;)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Gwenivere said:

Fortunately some have good support systems.  

I am fortunate.  I have a wonderful support system that needs me often.  The thing is, and you all know it, the feeling is "I am alone" no matter if we have 50 people picking us up.  We had Thanksgiving, my son wished for a big one because me, his mother, would sit alone if they would let me.  Unless we remarry, and some do, some of us still have that "alone, let me alone" feeling, but if we were left alone, then those that are really alone, they would understand that no matter how many people we have around us, we are still alone.  I'm not trying to be mean.  I have a young friend in the ICU of MD Anderson that has fought for years, really YEARS, and they have not given up, stem cells, chemo, chemo, chemo, bone marrow transplant and then failure, and still she fights on.  She has pneumonia, in a coma, in the ICU at MD Anderson right now, she cannot get on FB, but her family gets on, asks for prayer, a million prayers, she fights, her tired little body fights, her doctors fight, her family fights. I used to  have questions, never any real answers, but now I don't even have questions.  I am going to read and travel to somewhere my book takes me.  Can I say "Happy Holidays?"  Well, I can say it.  

• Like 5

So true Marg, we can feel alone in a crow.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Anniversary, Rose Anne.  I fondly remember our wedding day and the many anniversaries each year. Shalom(Peace)

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

It's Christmas morning here, 7.30am. 

Thinking of you all, you have all shown great support and have given me strength, ever since I joined a year ago, helping me along this struggling life I hadn't asked for. 

Thank you for being here and may these days be filled with peace and love, surrounded by your families and friends. 

Enza. 

• Like 6

Merry Christmas, Enza, George, and Karen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Fourteen years ago, on this day, my brother(Patrick) died at the age of fifty from walking pneumonia in his sleep. He was only 50. Rest in Peace, brother.  Shalom

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Thinking of you...these dates seem to hit even years later...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Eight years ago today, Rose Anne, you transitioned from Earth to Heaven. I still miss you every day. I look forward to the day when we can rejoice together. Shalom (Peace)

• Like 7

Keeping you in prayer today, George...I know these days are hard.  I love how you've turned what you've been through to administer a site that is helping countless people around the world.  I know you made a huge difference in my own life and I value your friendship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1