Good heavens, Kay ~ I cannot imagine how your son managed to make any sense out of this! Just one look and I would want to run the other way!  :wacko:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kayc said:

... BTW, thought you'd get a kick out of my car tore apart...it took my son one minute to fix it (cracked sautering in the control module) and almost three months to diagnose it as it was intermittent.  he went through EVERYTHING, hooked it up to his computer, hooked lights to it, one color if the motor went one way, another color for the other way, that's what helped, when no light came on, he knew he had a malfunction.  I teased him about sending me this picture to get my anxiety worked up...told him it wasn't working, I knew he could put it back together!  20 years ago it might have worked.  LOL

Volvo torn apart.jpg

WOW!  I would be nervous.  Your son is a miracle worker! - Shalom

• Like 1

Four years ago today, I was returning home from work and it was snowing.  I lost control of my car and spun out coming off of the exit ramp. I was going to tell my wife about my exciting adventure getting home only to discover she had died earlier. 

It took me a couple of weeks to find this group. The Shock and Awe of it all has eventually wore off and this wonderful group listened, shared, and cared from the start. At first, I could hardly breath, eat or sleep. It has been a long weary path.  Life is definitely different now.  I am striving to remember all of the great life memories we shared together and to learn from this grief healing journey. I thank everyone here who helps each other through this process.  We are all still learning.  - Shalom

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

George, my heart is with you today.  We know how difficult these certain days can be and hope you can find good memories of the life you shared.  Thank you for your sharing and caring with us as you always give us encouragement.  Hugs, Joyce

• Like 3

Blessings to you, dear George, and thank you for your heartfelt message. Yes, we are all still learning ~ from every single person in our tribe. ❤️

• Like 2

George, I wish I'd seen your post sooner...I tend to be here first thing in the morning and then off for the day dealing with snow.  Four years...I hope you were okay yesterday, I know the anniversary of death can be hard, at least it is for me.  The memories...

I hope today goes well for you as you go to church and I pray you will receive encouragement and refreshment for your soul today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kayc said:

George, I wish I'd seen your post sooner...I tend to be here first thing in the morning and then off for the day dealing with snow.  Four years...I hope you were okay yesterday, I know the anniversary of death can be hard, at least it is for me.  The memories...

I hope today goes well for you as you go to church and I pray you will receive encouragement and refreshment for your soul today.

I'm okay. I had a good cry at 5:01pm. 

My sister has not called, texted, or contacted me since January 1st.  It still hurts that she only calls when Dad is sick or she needs something from me.  Yet she says that FAMILY is the most important thing and that we all have to stick together... Yeah... right.

I went to church and had a meal out with a friend this afternoon so it has been a good day.  Thank you and everyone here for caring.  - Shalom

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I'm glad you got that at least.  I haven't been able to go to church the last two Sundays and I'm really missing it.  I've been dealing with snow all February until I'm exhausted and yesterday woke up with Conjunctivitis so can't be around people until I've been on the Rx 48 hours, fortunately I still have Rx left from before.  Wednesday is going to be a "shove all day" day.  :(

I won't even try to figure out your sister.  I'm sorry, it makes me feel pretty lucky for my siblings.

• Like 1