Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wondering......

I find if I don’t say fine and they are listening they rarely know what to say.  Art of me hates making them feel awkward but another part hates that social game.  I also miss when I could actually meanit or say great!  Now it’s hsnging in there as standard and they still sayyeah, I know what you mean but they don’t.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TomPB said:

Right, sometimes I play the game or just say nothing, sometimes I don't. I think Whole Foods cashiers are trained to say "how are you" since every one does. Annoying.

In my feistier moments, i will answer, "Do you REALLY want to know or are you just being polite?

I find it is a habit, just like a handshake or nod.  There is usually no real meaning or intent behind it.  - Shalom

• Like 1

It's become a politeness in our society, like hello or good day.  I don't think they expect any answer except fine.  Sometimes they don't even wait around for that.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, kayc said:

It's become a politeness in our society, like hello or good day.  I don't think they expect any answer except fine.  Sometimes they don't even wait around for that.

kayc you're right, just saying that sometimes I really hate it.

• Like 2