Froggie4635

How Far I've Come

Tomorrow would have been my 10th wedding anniversary, and I lost my husband, Mark in December 2014.  I now have someone new in my life, and it brings on all sorts of feelings; happy, warm, yet something is also missing.  For the past four Valentine's I have really just tried to ignore it...turned my eyes away when I saw the displays and advertisements for roses and hearts & flowers.  Just didn't want to think about it...the things I enjoyed about the holiday were gone.  But now, I want to have that feeling again; to want to shower someone with love and let them do the same for me.  This will be a year of adjustments.  I am so lucky that he understands and gives me all the room I need to have all these different feelings...he knows that Mark will FOREVER be a part of my life, and that means he will also be a part of "our" life as a couple.  It's one of those things that you have to move your way through with no real suggestions on how to do it.  I'm happy again.  I know that Mark has something to do with it...and that makes me smile.  

• Like 4

I'm so happy for you, Maryann!  You are well deserving of all of the happiness that comes your way!  Wishing you and your new man the best...and I hope tomorrow will once again be a very special Valentine's Day for you.

I'm sure Mark does have something to do with it. I say the same thing about meeting Bill. They want us to be happy. 

• Like 2