Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I've lost my fur baby!

Alison76

On Friday we had to make the decision to send our baby over the rainbow bridge.

She was 12 years old and had renal failure. We knew she was poorly but we didn't expect it to happen so quick. She went in for fluid treatment and seemingly her kidneys had completely failed.

This ball of fluff had been with me longer than my husband, I don't have kids so she was my world. 

I don't know how to deal with this loss. She has left a huge gap in our lives and my heart is broken.....

• Like 1

Alison,

I am so sorry, it's the hardest feeling in the world and my heart goes out to you.  I have lost a lot of animals in my lifetime, and although we eventually adjust to them being gone, we never stop missing or loving them.  Yes they do leave a huge gap, they were our family, our companions, and such loving ones at that!

I hope you will be able to think of a way to honor her through some type of memorial.  I have memorial stones I've purchased for mine and placed down in the yard and it's where I want my ashes spread someday, it's where my husband's ashes lay as well.

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/memorializing-pets-we-have-lost.html
https://www.personalcreations.com/product/pawprints-in-heaven-memorial-marker-30192930?q=30192930&start=&spell=&srchSuggestion=y&trackingpgroup=pid

I've chosen this way to memorialize them...years ago my sister bought a rosebush to remember my Fluffy with, but the deer ate it.  This is something lasting that isn't as likely to wither or be destroyed.

If you feel up to it, maybe you can tell us a little about her and maybe post a picture?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.  I've been so sad since the loss of my kitty, and also don't have kids.  It's so hard to know what to do with all the love that you have for them.  I hope that you are allowing yourself the space to feel these emotions and being very kind to yourself through this sadness.  I'm trying to do the same. 

I hope you find some solace and remember the love your pet brought you ❤️