Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost and alone

Deedy

My baby girl Kira died this morning in her sleep. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in December 2018. The vet gave her 6 months to a year. She lasted 15 months which I’m truly grateful for. This morning I got up and she was lying on the couch where she slept. She had to start sleeping there so she could be elevated and could breath better. I saw her ear moving so I walked over with her morning treat and noticed her mouth open and tongue out. Her chest wasn’t moving so I knew she was taking her last death gasps. Only 2 little movements and she was gone. I set with her awhile and kissed her goodbye. I cleaned her up and wrapped her in a blanket  and got her ready for her burial. I feel so lost and depressed. I’ve cried all day and will probably continue all night. I’ve had her for 15 years and I feel like a part of me is gone. She was the best dog in the world. I lost my cat of 16 years in November of last year and now this. 

Edited by Deedy
More info

I'm so sorry, Deedy. Cry as many tears as you need to. Your grief is a measure of your love for your baby girl Kira. Both your cat and dog within the last four months ~ that is a lot of pain. I hope you read through many of the posts in this forum to see that you are not alone. We are here for you ~ and if you're willing to share a picture of your Kira, we would love to see one. ♥️

Hi Deedy felt compelled to write to you. Firstly what a beautiful little dog you had ..So cute.. I feel your devastation I really do... I won't say you will feel better overnight cause you won't.. I lost my Jack Russell of 14 years old a month ago.. I cried for 3 weeks solid I was inconsolable.. if I think too much now I will cry.. they really are our beautiful faithful babies.. I did things that would give me small comforts..  I did a beautiful place in the garden, it all lights up at night time , he was the light of my life so how fitting.. i collected his ashes, he sits with me in bedroom, but there was just one more thing I had to do, to have a tattoo portrait of him.. I'm happy now..... his bowls are still there I can't move them yet.. all I can say is don't hold back just cry if you have too... talk to another who knew your love for your Angel.. I didn't think I would feel better but I slightly do ... My thoughts are I gave him the best love and great life and I'm sure he took that with him..i read alot of write ups online regarding grief over pets..that helped.. I wish you all love and sincerely hope you heal in time xx

• Like 2

Deedy,

I am so sorry for your loss, your picture of Kira is beautiful. Sharon's post to you is spot on...the loss is very hard and the grief consumes us at first until we little by little begin to absorb and process this, it's so hard, the pain feels unbearable, I know, I've been through it.  They are the best companions in the world, I think dogs are God's ultimate gift to us, but when we lose them, it leaves such a hole in our hearts and lives.  I'm sorry for the loss of your cat too.  

Sharon, I love that you did a memorial for Beau, that and your tattoo are a lasting tribute to him.  My daughter had her cat's paw print tattooed on her ankle.  I pray comfort for you and Deedy in the days ahead...

• Like 2

Thank you Kay and Sharon for your thoughts. Sharon your tattoo is truly awesome. I know it’s gonna take time for me to get used to the fact that Kira’s not here anymore. I’ve had her by my side for 15 yrs. I loved her with all my heart and she was a very spoiled little girl. That’s one thing I can feel good about is she knew she was loved everyday.

• Like 2