Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Beau

Sharon C

My beautiful little boy passed over at 14 on February 23 a day I will never forget.

I cried constantly for 3 weeks ..and still have random break downs   I miss him so much..he was so faithful.. I still refuse to move his bowls.. a part of me died the day he went.. I decided I wanted a tattoo of him .. now I have it I feel like his here with me... God bless my Angel..

20190326_164824.jpg

• Like 2

What a beautiful job they did.  I had a Whippet-Dalmation with spots, what kind of dog is yours?  What is his name?

I am so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad the tattoo brings you comfort as you can have him with you.

• Like 1

A Jack Russell Parsons long leg. His name was BEAU. I have toyed with getting another but don't whether I could take that pain again. I don't feel right regards BEAU at the moment either. I am still grieving. I know that because if I think too much I cry..he was really my boy and always will be xx

I get that, I totally do.  Right now isn't the time to decide about another, give yourself time, much of it.  When we have a close relationship like this, the pain is tremendous, it feels unbearable.  I'm so sorry, I've been through it and will go through it again, my dog is 11 and as a huge dog...well, they don't live as long.

I should have caught on, his name being in the title of the thread. I looked up information on the Parsons, beautiful dog!  

I know that grief is immensely taxing and hard to go through.  I thought about this article when I read your post...https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-attachment/201703/my-pet-died-and-i-cant-stop-crying

• Like 1

Thank You for that link 

I read it all .. I understand what his saying ... had a little cry this morning thinking of something little ..

I used to come from shopping put the bags down he used to prod his nose in all my bags ..see if there was anything for him ...There generally was ...he really was my soul mate and God damn I miss that little man 😭😭 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sharon C said:

I have toyed with getting another but don't whether I could take that pain again. I don't feel right regards BEAU at the moment either. I am still grieving.

Sharon, my dear, while I firmly believe that the human heart has an infinite capacity to love, and therefore is fully capable of expanding enough to love another, I also think it's so important that you allow yourself to mourn fully the loss of your beloved Beau ~ whatever that may mean for you ~ before you think about bringing another animal into your life. You may find these articles helpful:

Replacing a Pet Who Has Died: When Is It Time?

Pet Loss: How Long Before Adopting Another?

• Like 2