Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tears still falling

Sharon C

5 weeks today you left my side. I have everything I need and want in my life except you. I think I'm getting better at accepting you have gone,  but still I cry another day..You gave me 14 wonderful years ...and now I'm empty without you ...I just want one more day to stroke you.. my heart breaking because that's not going to be ..You was my buddy and I cherished the ground you walked on .. god give me the strength to get through this... 

Screenshot_20190316-091405_Photos.jpg

• Like 3

Sharon, I’m so sad to read of your loss of your sweet (and very handsome!) buddy.  He’s very cute and I’m truly sorry that your heart has been broken in this way.  What kind of dog was he?  I sure understand wanting another day to stroke him, but I want SO much more than a day to snuggle up with my Bailey and love on her.  Bailey passed away on March 25 and I can’t sleep, I cry ALL night and honestly feel that I won’t get over this.  

Your sweet friend really is a stunning dog and I’m sure people must have told you that many times!  I love his “spot”!  I’m praying to get through this, too.  I’m glad you have much of what you need but it just doesn’t take away the pain.  I hope you’ll come back and tell us more about your handsome guy!  I’m SO sorry for your loss.

Hi Bailey's mom 

Thankyou for your message. I'm very sorry for your loss too on March 25

Mine was Feb 23 a date ingrained...your right I had many comments regards him. He was a jack russell Parsons long leg...

Be 6 weeks this Saturday the pain is still a torment.. I'm crying as I write this. The bungalow is so damn quiet without him..

My heart is broke in two ..it aches for him..He was my soulmate..I have friends and family but feel so lonely.. I spoilt him rotton and I thank God I did ..

Here's to the days my heart amends..

Screenshot_20190322-105725_Gallery.jpg

@Sharon C I am so sorry for the loss of your dog, I thought I responded to this thread earlier and asked you what breed of dog he was and you responded, I remember looking it up.  Your dog is adorable and I know the pain is tremendous, they are ingrained into our hearts and lives and it leaves a huge "missing him" hole.  Sending you thoughts of comfort and peace.

• Like 1

Sharon- I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone. The pain is real, and seems unbearable sometimes. I’m right there with you, I just lost my baby suddenly, out of nowhere, way too early in life just on Sunday. It feels crushing. I have found that going to a pet loss support group was amazing therapy for me. Just to surround myself with people who understand my grief. I also found a therapist that specializes in pet loss grief. And now also this group forum. This is all within the last four days, because I was worried for myself-the pain felt literally unbearable. I needed help asap. I still cry every 30 minutes, but I feel hope that maybe someone can help me direct the pain and grief in the right direction. I hope the same for you as well. If you haven’t gone to an in person pet loss support group, I’d recommend seeing if there is one in your area. My husband and I both agreed it was helpful to us. I am so so sorry for your loss. The grief is strong, and real, and painful, and it feels so oppressive. I hear it doesn’t last forever though, only the great, loving memories do. If only all dogs could live forever, what a wonderful world this would be. 

• Like 1

Hello gooseandtysons mom

Thankyou for the encouraging message.i have searched my area for a support group, there doesn't seem to be one. God's knows I have needed one.

Luckily I have had alot of family support. They have listened to my grief and crying only up to yesterday.  7 weeks my baby has been gone . The acceptance is still to come.when I start talking about him I just break down. I'm on a cruise next month and if by luck a litter of yorkies have been born.  I have reserved a brother and sister to join me after  the cruise. I hope my BEAU won't mind.. don't want him to think I'm replacing him and will ever forget him .. because I never will.. he was and still is my little boy..my heart still aches over the loss..

I've cried a thousand tears and miss him soooo much 

Sorry to hear of your loss xxxx

IMG-20181217-WA0005.jpeg

Sharon,

I don't think your Beau will mind, he'll want you to be happy and I think he already knows he's in your heart and will never be "replaced".  I hope you enjoy your cruise and come back to some little ones soon awaiting their forever home.  When we've had a soul dog like Beau (and my Arlie), they will never ever be forgotten.  (((hugs)))

• Like 1