Buzzbar

Loss of twin sister

I lost my twin sister on 7th of December 2018, it would of been our 62nd birthday on the 25(Christmas day) . I am lost with out her, is there anyone out there that lives on the north shore of Auckland or any one I can talk to who has dealt with this because I'm having a really hard time.

sincerly Sandra 

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for your loss, dear one, and my heart reaches out to you in your sorrow. Death of a sibling is so painful, and even more so when it is your twin. Although I don't know what is available to you in your Auckland area (you might contact your local hospice or mortuary to find out), I can point you to a number of online resources that you may find helpful. See, for example, Sibling Loss: When Grief Goes Unacknowledged ~ including the additional articles and resources listed at the base. See also this page, which includes some links specifically focused on coping with the death of a twin: Death of A Sibling or Twin.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, I lost my oldest sister a year ago, and while I realize it's not the same as a twin, still, it's hard.  I think of something funny to share with her and then remember, I can't.  I miss getting together and taking her out (she was quadriplegic).  It feels like she was the glue that held our family together as we all rallied to give her something to look forward to and let her know how much we loved and cared for her.

Cancer, the word that sends terror through us.