Sign in to follow this  
olemisfit

My feet are back on Texas dirt again!

I do hope everyone is doing well.

I left Oklahoma on Easter Sunday. It is such a wonderful feeling to be back here.  This is where we lived when Cookie passed, and our last few years of memories happened here. So all is well. I'm back where I need to be.  The first chance I have to drive down to Galveston I take a selfie standing on the seawall with the ocean behind me and post it.  Again, I hope everyone is well.

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, olemisfit said:

It is such a wonderful feeling to be back here.  This is where we lived when Cookie passed, and our last few years of memories happened here. So all is well. I'm back where I need to be. 

Darrel

Darrel:  How wonderful for you.  Dee

Thank you Dee and CairnLady for the nice thoughts! And yes I do a better piece of mind already. Actually, solace is the appropriate word CairnLady. But I have already been re-introduced to the allergy problems here. But that's a small price to pay for being back home.

Darrel

• Like 1

Darrel,

I'm glad you're back where you call home!  I have allergies too, can be pesky!  I hope you're not far from the ocean.

Darrel,

So glad you have returned "home" safely. Will be waiting for that photo. Houston is my birthplace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kayc said:

Darrel,

I'm glad you're back where you call home!  I have allergies too, can be pesky!  I hope you're not far from the ocean.

Galveston Island and the Gulf of Mexico is only a 23 mile drive from my door!!!

• Like 1

Darrel...

...home is where your heart is, and that is where you are...back home where you belong...

I too moved ( three plus years ago ) with my now deceased partner 11th April of (  age 74 ) and know where i am living now, i dont belong here...he is already back home, his ashes..he too did not belong here, his ashes are now with his parents and brother...a good 140 - 150 miles away..

Jackie...

• Like 1

I wonder if Darrel is OK?  It’s been months since he wrote.  Anyone have private contact with him?

• Like 1

I messaged him yesterday, haven't heard back.  I hope we do hear from him@!