Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I am not sure who can offer advice to me but worth a try I just passed the three years mark of Kevin’s passing I have been seeing a man who is truly the kindest man I know he really does care about me and my family he has shown me that happiness is possible again, the problem in no matter how hard I try I keep falling back to Kevin I keep thinking that no one will ever love me like he did that it’s not possible I then get nervous and shut down alittle as far as letting him in to close I have been hurt a few times since Kevin passed I sadly learned that this world is nothing like it used to be as far a relationship and dating goes I feel out of my league, my one daughter keeps telling me she thinks her dad sent this man to me because they are so much alike in a lot of ways I know I care about him just feel stuck sometimes if anyone could offer any advice would truly be grateful 💜

Wow just when I thought I was just getting a handle on how rough a ride this grief thing was going to be, You put another thing to consider Sure wish I knew what to say that could help. If you can think that if you never had Kevin would this be The One true love you had been dreaming of?  I know my 11 year old daughter has asked or told me and 2 other people she wanted me to remarry so she could have a mom. All you can do is follow your heart and the wisdom you have learned. I wish you the best whatever you decide.

• Like 2

No advice, Robin, but I wish you lots of luck and hope you'll consider giving this guy a chance, you can take it as slow as you're comfortable with. 

• Like 1