Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Times Two

Am feeling a little familiarity right now.  Monday, I lost my older brother, Chuck the same way I lost my husband, Mark....heart attack.  Feeling that same numb feeling.  Although I had not seen my brother in many years, that love and closeness never goes away.  I always had a very special connection to him and have GREAT memories of him as my brother and also of him as a husband and father.  My bond with him is one of the reasons I am the woman I am today and I know the coming days and months are going to bring that pain of seeing that void where he once was.  I feel so much for his wife of 46 years, knowing what such a sudden loss can do to you.  It's like everything is all wrapped and rolled in together.  

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Maryann, and I can only imagine how much this hurts. I don't know if you are close to your sister-in-law, but you certainly do have much in common now, and I hope you'll be able to support each other in ways that only you two can know . . . 

• Like 1

Maryann, I am so sorry.  I lost my oldest sister a year ago, her lungs (Pneumonia).  I'd been fighting with the authorities to try to get them to leave her where she was and they tried to take her to a different home when she was so sick and her foster care family meant so much to her (she was quadriplegic)...I'm glad I did fight although they quit paying for her, I can't tell you how angry I feel about that and all they put us all through but especially her.  She looked so lost when they put her in their car.

Our siblings have a huge impact on who we are and I can relate to what you say.  I know nothing fills that void but I hope for some comfort to come your way.