Grief Healing Discussion Groups

His frustrations taken out on me because hospice started for his younger brother

He is super sensitive and making me feel guilty for his situation about his brother starting hospice comfort care. I listen to him vent and just because I’m not looking directly at him he thinks I’m not listening.  He yells at me. I feel like an emotional punching bag. I don’t know what to do. I am angry and then I know I should feel bad too. 

No, you shouldn't feel bad for having a normal response.

I would tell him, I am sorry for what you are going through but I am not responsible for what is happening and I refuse to be your punching bag.  Then I'd walk out and give him time/space to think.

I'm sorry you're going through this.  Trying to figure out why someone is doing what they're doing when they're behaving irrationally is like wondering why the wind blows.  He likely doesn't even know why himself.  But he does need to realize what he is doing is wrong to you and quit it.  If he needs space, he can ask for it.  If he's feeling stressed, he can go for a walk.  If he's having a hard time sleeping, he can see his doctor.  But being cruel to you is not an option on the table.