kayc

Living with Loss

His name is Kodie...his owner named him Kobie but when my son had the tag made, he accidentally put Kodie...I told him, "When I thought of a name for him, the one that popped into my head first was Kodie!"  So Kodie it is.  And get this, he was born on my birthday, Oct. 7.  

I slept a whopping two hours last night, we were up late, my brain wouldn't shut off, then my DIL called at 3:45, waking me up.  Don't know how I'm going to live through this, but he's awfully adorable!  He's so little!

• Like 2

What a cutie Kay!  Nature makes them that way to melt our hearts for the training and mishaps.  Any idea how big he’ll get?  Love the name and a shared birthday is coincidental in a mysterious way.  I can’t imagine a home with dog energy.  I have a magnet on my fridge that says.....a house is not a home without a dog.  🐩

• Like 2

Four months ago today, my sweet boy, you met your rest, the best dog that ever was.  The love I have for you is immeasurable, my beautiful sweet boy.  I miss your smile so much, I miss everything about you.  I just hope you know how much I appreciate you and you will never be forgotten.  I pray I can be united with you again.

This morning I am wishing my sweet Arlie a Happy New Year's and missing him so much.  I decided to go through my pictures of animals and organize them with a folder for each one...in so doing, I saw all the pictures of Arlie and it broke my heart for missing him all over again.  I ran across this picture and I love the smile.  So precious, my beautiful boy.

PC020003.JPG

• Like 3

It been five months today, sweet Arlie, since you passed.  It's hard for me to grasp that it could be that long ago when it feels you just left.  It's the hardest thing in the world, missing you.  I talk to you all the time, I wonder if you can hear me.  I hope I don't sadden you with my tears...I hope you are able to realize that someday I will see how things went for you and that you're happy and that your perspective on "the other side" is so much greater than mine is right now.  I love you, sweet boy.  You are the best dog in the world, I cherish every moment I got to spend with you.  We made so many memories together in our short 10 1/2 years together.  I am so glad you got to be MY little boy.  I love your effervescent smile, your personality and I miss your goofiness...you always made me smile and brightened my day.

I hope you've made dog friends and you can get to know your brothers and sister, Skye, Teddy, Fluffy, and Lucky, most gone before you.  You have a new brother, Kodie, I hope he follows in your footsteps with goofiness, I always loved that about you.  My wonderful big sweet little boy, my love for you will never diminish. Kitty's body lays besides yours now.  Just yesterday I placed her memorial stone in the snow above her grave.  It's hard to believe, our family of three...changed in such a short span of time.

I hope you find my husband George to give you lots of belly rubs and join in your fun with you.  You will love him.

• Like 2

This week came and went marking the 11th anniversary of my adopting Arlie...the best decision I ever made.  Normally I'd buy him a new toy, he loved new toys!  I'd fix something special for him to eat and we'd celebrate together.  This is the first year this time has been anti-climatic, without him here to to celebrate with.  I can't begin to express how deeply I miss him.  My sweet Arlie, I wish there was a way I could connect with you.

• Like 1

Today would be your 12th birthday, sweet Arlie.  I wish I was giving you a new toy and a treat and a ride to the park instead of talking to a grave.  I miss you, you'll always be my Valentine.  I love you so much, Arlie.

• Like 1