Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shelbel,

I’m so very sorry for your loss. As those of us here always say, this is the club no one ever wants to join.

Your grief is still very raw, not even 3 months yet. Right now just try to take things an hour or even just a minute at a time. Be extra good to yourself, eat healthy food and drink plenty of water. Please also get plenty of rest.

I hope you have some support system of family/ friends at this terrible time to lean on. You may also want to seek out a grief counselor to help you with the powerful and overwhelming emotions of grief.

Know that this is a safe place filled with folks who “get it”, and we help support each other, so please know you are not alone. 

I’m sure others will rally and respond with their loving kindness and wisdom gained on the awful road of grief.

Prayers and blessings to you, and my wishes that you can find a measure of comfort and solace.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Shelbel said:

My husband Tony, passed away on May 21, 2019. I am feeling really badly this week. I mean really awful, my body hurts, and I can't stop crying.....

I understand your pain and sorrow.  This place helped me in so many ways to realize that what I was thinking, feeling, and body pain is the way the body deals with grief and loss.  It is normal and intense initially. It helped me to know that I was not alone and that others here understood, listened, cared and shared.  This is a comforting respite from the outside world.  Welcome.  Praying for your peace and comfort. - George - Shalom

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Shelbel...

...how you are feeling and how your body is reacting is our normal grieving process...oh how we wish we were not all in this sad situation of being in " the club nobody wants nor was expecting to join.."

I lost my partner Richard of 20 years suddenly 11th April..i know i shall never get over his loss no matter how my future pans out now...he will forever hold a place in my heart even if parts of my heart have now been broken...

Yes may our God give us the strength to carry on, and to give us some peace and comforting.. as our partner is now at peace but, we are not at peace...

Jackie...

• Like 3

Shelbel,

I am truly sorry for the pain you're in.  The intensity will lessen eventually down to a dull ache that we learn to live with.  In the meantime, it's excruciating.  I am feeling this way about the last week of my dog's life, he's all I've had since my husband died 14 years ago, he's been my faithful companion and now he has one week to live (cancer) for we've scheduled for next Friday.  There's no comparison to suddenly losing my husband and yet the pain is gut-wrenching...and I know it will be more so in a week.  Living with loss, with grief, it's a hard thing.  I want you to know you have us here, I don't know what I'd do without this place.

Sending you comforting thoughts and prayers...

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/physical-reactions-to-loss.html

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2