Grief Healing Discussion Groups

In a mess...

Jackie,

It's only been four months, not enough time for it to sink in, let alone get used to...I'm not sure we ever get quite used to this, but at least enough to not face constant triggers...I wouldn't expect you to be anywhere but where you are in your feelings, so much to absorb.  My heart feels your anguish.  Losing my Arlie has set me way back, it's weird how a fresh loss can dredge up all the feelings from the old one.  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, I'm so used to caregiving my dog, I've cooked for him for years, walked him twice a day, every day, not sure how to go on.  It feels so wrong that one can be left alone to deal with old age and all it's trouble.

I pray for you, you will get through this, I have gotten through so much hard stuff since George died, you will too.

Talk to him, it helps me to, now I talk to my dog too.  I don't care what people think, we have to do what helps us.

You can hope and strive for all those things and I hope with you that all that is yours and more.  (((hugs)))

6 hours ago, Jackie - Richard said:

I have so much pent up things i want to get off my chest, open up to tell Richard but I cant, he is no longer here and i want to say this face to face.

Jackie, my dear ~ have you considered writing a letter (or several) to your Richard as a way to get those pent-up things off your chest? It does not matter whether Richard can hear you or read what you write. Just the act of getting your thoughts out of your head and onto a piece of paper (or into a private file on your computer) can be a very effective way of expressing and releasing all that stuff that's weighing on your mind. See for example Writing As A Healing Tool in Grief

• Like 1

Jackie,

You could not have known that would be the moment he would die...we do go about our business as is normal, not knowing it''s about to be a life changing moment.  I would not have gone on my sisters' reunion had I known that would be the weekend my husband would die...he'd just had his 51st birthday, I never dreamed he'd die so young!  Please try not to affix blame to yourself, I know while I say that, that it's hard to change how we feel.  I think we all do this, beat ourselves up for some perceived wrong or wish we could go back and respond better, we're human, we're not perfect, but we loved them perfectly and if we asked them, what they would remember most is our love.

• Like 1

No, this is not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but I sure am glad I'm not having to get up and drive the 50 miles to work anymore.  ;)