Grief Healing Discussion Groups

another holiday coming up

Labor Day coming up.  Al and I hosted all the holidays from Memorial Day thru  Labor Day along with additional ones.  These were usually outdoor  backyard gatherings which included family, a few friends and some neighbors.  All gone.  This will be just another Monday.  Maybe I will go to the health club.  Things have surely changed!   Gin

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Steve and I never did anything more special than BBQ, but you are so right, Gin, things have surely changed.  That wasnit something I thought of in the shock of his loss.  How every holiday would be so different or empty.  

• Like 5

We here in UK have just ended our last of the year Bank Holiday weekend yesterday, and the weather has been dry and sunny and gotten most people out and about but as usual not me, as i have been stuck inside my home ( MS) and continually talking to my Richard he died in our home 11 th April just coming up to 5 weeks ago now...

• Like 3

My labor day will be spent working at the church on the books.  Labor Day was the big holiday in my family, we'd go camping with friends, hikes, games, pie, laughter.  All gone now.

• Like 3