Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Comforting words..

Jackie - Richard

Jackie, my dear, while I understand and appreciate your finding comfort in the words you've quoted above, and I know you mean no disrespect to our non-Christian members, I want to remind you (and others reading your post) of the following guideline, as stated here: About Grief Healing Discussion Groups:

Care is taken to respect individual political, religious and spiritual beliefs, but members are cautioned not to preach, defend, explain or promote a particular political position, religious doctrine or faith-based practice or belief.

Jackie, my mom had the first one on her door, she also found comfort in it.  

My George had no desire to go either.  He wouldn't even discuss retirement, he enjoyed working, living, even when it was hard.  I sure miss him.

• Like 1

I didn't take it that way, Jackie.  We just have to keep in mind that there are all kinds of belief systems here.  I knew what you were saying and the spirit you were saying it with. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My response to your post was never meant to push you backward, dear Jackie ~ that's the last thing I would ever want for you. As I said, I already knew that your intentions are pure, that you were not intending to be preaching to anyone else, and that you meant no disrespect for others whose faith or beliefs (or lack thereof) are different from your own. This is a public forum, after all, and whatever is posted in our forums can be read by anyone who visits our site. As Kay said, we need to make sure that ALL our members and visitors, regardless of our differences, feel safe and welcome here, and it is my responsibility to make sure we all know and do our best to adhere to the standards we've set forth in our Guidelines ~ in this case making sure that we remain religiously neutral in the posts we share, lest we imply favoritism of one religious creed or belief system over another.