Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Member News!

Pleased (and proud) to share this news from one of our Discussion Group members, Maryann Mueller, aka Froggie4625 who writes, 

I would be honored that you share this news to all those who were on their journey along with me.  I am forever grateful to those wonderful souls who gave support and concern and opinions and shared experiences that let me know that I was NEVER alone.   ~ Maryann

Arts in the Afternoon Brings Author of Grief Diaries

Houston, TX – The Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston’s (the J) Arts in the Afternoon started three years ago with the idea that it was equally important to offer cultural events in the daytime as it is in the evening. Screenings of films, dance and music performances and book signings with best-selling and emerging authors are now offered on a regular basis during the daytime. The next upcoming event is on Monday, September 23 at 1:00 PM at the J with Maryann Mueller, co-author of Grief Diaries: Through The Eyes of a Widow and Grief Diaries: Surviving Sudden Loss.

Widows in today's world find little support to recover and adapt to a life they didn't plan. Friends, family and others have little idea about how to help, leaving them in a vulnerable spot when they need support most. Author Maryann Mueller will share her experiences of becoming a widow and introduce her two latest book releases that touch on the subject of widowhood and sudden loss of a loved one

According to the Loomba Foundation, a global research and charity organization, the average age for widows is just 59.

"When a husband dies, a woman's blessed and happy life is suddenly replaced by one filled with multiple challenges that reach far beyond her grief. With little societal support, she's often left struggling to adapt to a life she didn't plan," said Mueller. "The book offers insight from widows who pass along their own personal reflections and tools for managing life in the aftermath, along with understanding for what the reader is going through."

Mueller grew up in Western Pennsylvania and relocated to Houston in 2002. She met her husband, Mark, and they were married in 2009.  Writing was always something that came easily to Mueller, but it became a way to deal with grief when Mark died in 2014. She hopes to use her talent to help anyone facing the same situation.

Tickets for the Arts in the Afternoon Author Talk with Maryann Mueller are $5 Member | $8 Public and are available at erjcchouston.org.

• Like 1