mollysenecal

Daughter Died of Suicide

Hello, 

My daughter died of suicide almost one year ago. I am still trying to learn how to breathe between the broken pieces. Are there others here who have lost children to suicide? I write, but I still feel stuck. What things have brought you comfort?

Thank you,  

Molly 

• Like 1

I have experienced all loss but that, but someone should be along soon.  I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine.  :(

• Like 1

Molly, my dear, my heart reaches out to you in your pain. Losing a child is painful beyond words ~ but to lose a child to suicide is even worse. I am so sorry. I've lost a child and I've lost a family member to suicide, but these were separate losses, and in no way akin to what has happened to you. I hope you know that there are many sources of information and support "out there" and available to you. You'll find many of them listed here, and I urge you to check them out: Grief Support For Survivors of Suicide Loss. See also When An Adult Child Dies: Resources for Bereaved Parents ❤️

• Like 2

I, too, have lost someone I cared about to suicide but to lose a child to that, that's beyond comprehension.  I'm so sorry.  

• Like 1

Hi Molly, 

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my son to suicide. As a Mother my heart aches for you. My best friend also lost her son to suicide, three months after my son committed suicide. The only thing that brought me comfort at times was my walk with the Lord. "The Lord is close to the broken hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit" ( Psalm 34:18). 

• Like 2

@Shelia

I am so sorry.  I know of nothing that could be more painful.  Thank you for sharing comfort to someone else going through it.  One of my favorite passages: (God) who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Cor 1:4

• Like 2