Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I can't function without her

Nina Buster

My baby Beebee died in a tragic accident Monday 11/4, she was an 11 year old silky terrier that i've had since she was 9 weeks old. I had received the news when I got home from work to see my beloved girl dead wrapped in a towel in the master bedroom bathroom.  I was told by my fiance that he tripped over her while he was on his way to the front door carrying a 55" broken tv, the tv fell on her killing her little 5lb body.  I was devastated, all I could do was go pick her up crying as I kept calling her name.  I keep telling myself if I was at home, she would still be alive.  I love and miss her so much that I can't eat or sleep. I don't want to do anything but look at her pictures and videos.  I know that  Beebee knows she was loved very much.  It won't be the same without her here and I just don't know how to cope with her not being here.  I have been crying everyday, yesterday I cried so much that I threw up.  I loved her so much, she was so special.  She was there for me thru my ups and downs and I will miss her kisses and seeing her do her spins before she was given a treat.  I pray that we will see each other again and she will coming running to me.  I love you Beebee with all my heart and soul and momma is so sorry I couldn't have protected you better.

• Like 1

Nina,

I am so sorry, I can see how easily this could happen but I'm sorry it had such tragic results.  Even if you were home it wouldn't have stopped the tripping and I hope you can realize there's no one to blame, nor would it do any good.  I know the pain, I lost my dog recently and he was everything to me.  Have you decided on burial or cremation?  I got a marker for my dog's grave from Personal Creations, it helps to honor them in some way. You can usually get a promo code by googling to pay for shipping: https://www.personalcreations.com/product/pawprints-in-heaven-memorial-marker-30192930?q=30192930&start=&spell=&srchSuggestion=y&trackingpgroup=pid

I'm also hoping to see my dog again, it wouldn't be heaven without them imo.  I hope this brings you comfort to think about:

This must be very difficult for both you and your husband, Nina, and I'm so sorry to learn of the horrific accident took the life of your beloved Beebee.

Although the individual circumstances differ from your own, I offer this article in hopes that it speaks to you in a helpful way: Pet Loss: Coping wirh The Trauma of An Unexpected Death

I hope it helps, too, to know that we are thinking of you and wishing you comfort and peace. ❤️

• Like 1

I am so very sorry for your loss.  This is so difficult.  Please know that it's ok to feel this way.  I know right now, nothing makes sense, the world doesn't make sense without her.  It may not for a while.  Please remember you aren't alone in your grief.  It's ok to cry and mourn and the people who truly understand will be there to support you.  Sending you peace and light....

• Like 1