Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

5 hours ago, kayc said:

She screamed and yelled at me repeatedly not to touch her cart! 

It’s getting ugly out there as tensions increase from the amount of time we’ve lived with this and now the variant strain.  People that were overly paranoid are more so now.  I encounter people making even wider sweeps around me.  I don’t know what I would have done in that situation.  I’d probably yell for someone from the store to intervene.  I know I’d be total shaken.  

5 hours ago, kayc said:

I should have switched ins during open enrollment but had just had surgery and wasn't up to dealing with it.

I’m still waiting on my 2021 packet.  I’ve requested it so many times and have been told it’s been sent.  I also, got quoted a better plan (on paper) but was too tired to investigate it and had been happy with this company on my old plan.  Had no idea how much it would change as the rep had glossed over some significant changes.  I’m still battling them as I’ve written.  I’m going to take the plunge today to challenge the pharmacy as I think they are open because I priced my meds thru their site and came up with a $150 difference.  Exact meds and doses.  Can’t wait to hear the reasoning on this.  Well, I could because I don’t want to call ahhhhhhgain, but that’s a huge difference on their part.  And heck, my day sucks already by just getting up so why not continue the theme?  

5 hours ago, kayc said:

I try to stay in today, if I look beyond that, it's too much to contemplate, much of it beyond my control.  Time to go get Kodie up, the bright spot of my day!

That’s all that got me up today.  I wish it made me happier, but the darned pain and feeling sick interferes.  Mel’s so excited and I can’t fully appreciate it.  I’m so tired of being annoyed or down.  It’s a community center meal night which means seeing a couple new people I like, but after this week I don’t really care.  Don’t want to start isolating tho.  Feels like life is just one fight after another and harder to figure out why to keep punching.

6 hours ago, kayc said:

I went to the dermatologist and she found two possible melanomas & did biopsies so now I have to have a neighbor dress my wounds after I shower, I despise asking for help! 

I’m so sorry you have another malady to face.  I totally get hating to ask for help for stuff like this.  If it were a nurse in the hospital it would be different.  It was hard enough to get a housekeeper and give up cleaning my own deck.  Sounds ideal to many, but I preferred being healthy to do it, it wasn’t a decision of luxury.  When do they want to subject your body to this?  

• Like 2

I should had known.  Called my insurance mail order and got an explanation why it was so pricey this time.  Deductibles.  Wil be what.i priced next time.  But!  Came to find out 2 other drugs I’m having prescribed this week I was told that pre auth's were set are not.  Now I have to call coverage determination with Medicare this coming week.  Going on 20 hours of this mess, several times being told it was handled.  They have the pre auth, but it isn’t filed right and for some reason I have to call.  I’ve developed a massive headache and just want to cry.  How can one insurance agency have so many different answers?  Left a message for my shrink to find out if they did contact him as they said they had.  It was going to be one less worry and now it’s an issue.  I can only imagine wha the hold times are for Medicare.  Best day for me would be Monday p, but it’s a frigging holiday!  Then Zoom appointment's for 3 days.  Can’t call anywhere like my insurance to find out where my 2021 benefits package is that was mailed out in December. All I get is 5-10 days over and over.  All I got were RX claim forms I didn’t need.  I don’t question why I feel like I am losing my mind anymore.  I have true clarity why.  Add-in my doctor who orders tests I can’t do and it’s the perfect storm.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

When do they want to subject your body to this?  

IDK, they'll call and let me know the results in about two weeks and then schedule me.  Probably when we're getting a snow storm! ;)

12 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

How can one insurance agency have so many different answers?

That's what I've run into aLOT!  Same w/my CVS Caremark.  Ugh I hate dealing with both companies!
My sister is still struggling to get Medicare & supplement to pay for Bert's medical and it's been four months!  I've have to stay on her to make the calls.  I FINALLY got her to call the bank where Bert's account is to see where her stimulus check went.  So glad I kept on her, she got them to transfer it to her account and I told her to leave his open in case Biden sends out more.  After her taxes for 2020 are back, THEN she can't close the other account.  Peggy's having a terrible time with the mail, something was supposedly sent in Oct. and she never got it.  It'd help if she'd check into things sooner. Three months ago, who knows?  Post office never has an answer anyway.

Just realized I can't get the bandages off before showering, they're literally plastered on, I wish they'd have used regular ones instead of the round ones that seal all the way around, that way maybe I could hook onto it with something & pull.  Will try duct tape and pulling off...they don't want me getting it wet with it on.  Sigh.  The world isn't made for us living alone.  The things we took for granted when we had our spouses!

Okay, so maybe my sister does have dementia afterwards.  She's forgetting things she told me completely!  Like who was interested in Bert's business.  Why would I make that up?  I know what she said.  I may forget where I put something but I'm not dreaming up stuff!  She lost the $ she got for selling his truck and her car too.  :( 

You and I should have a contest as to who gets their ins straightened out first!  Except they just think up new screw ups to make...good luck!  Medicare is probably closed for MLK since they're gov't.  The rest of us never got it off.

• Like 1

Just a lot of rambling......to forewarn....

12 hours ago, kayc said:

You and I should have a contest as to who gets their ins straightened out first!  Except they just think up new screw ups to make...good luck!  Medicare is probably closed for MLK since they're gov't.  The rest of us never got it off.

Why don’t we make it that we see who can get some resolutions first and not have them lead to new problems which seems to be the pattern?  Who can have a simple problem cleared up in one try?  Hmmmm....I guess I just said what you did in different words.  I woke up today in my usual 'why?' state of mind wondering why I even care anymore.  Maybe I don’t.  I just have nothing else going on but this crap and doctors.   Otherwise I’d just sit here with nothing to do.  I’d love nothing more than to attend to tasks that might bring a little enjoyment into my life, but the body says nope.  Can’t go looking at new TV's, get new glasses, reorganize the pantry, take a walk, or anythIng involving my legs or bending.  

I don’t know what 65 is supposed to be, but coming home last night climbing the mere 6 steps into my house, hair gray and pinned up, struggling with the little I was carrying a step at a time, slouched over and putting on oxygen soon after said........old woman.  I had just seen a woman I’m getting to know at the community center who is 70 who spent the day doing a cat rescue, taken a walk just prior around a track and been busy all day.  She hunches a bit but she’s active.  She’ll take a bin of bread they give away to distribute to neighbors and I’m just hoping I don’t drop my meal.  She can stand and talk to the servers while I'll be in agony.  Have to remind myself she doesn’t have spinal stenosis.  It’s getting to easy to be jealous which isn’t healthy.  Not just physically, either.  That she has a network and I lost mine and can’t really create a new one that is active.  I could do home stuff like calls and mailings, but I’m an in person gal.  Then there’s the looming virus dictating everything now.  Showed her a pic of us in our 30’s and she was stunned at what I looked like and said Steve was so attractive.  Yah, I knew that all too well.   

I always go back to if Steve were here.  Probably not healthy, know it’s not because it adds to the depression and gets me nowhere.  I could easily do more to shore up my health if he were tho.  Had some help getting places.  I need to get get a lab sample in, for example, and he could run it in.  For me it’s a major endeavor that will compromise me for hours or days.  

Drat....more complications.  Made it to the lab now as it’s not crowded on weekends.  Just got results I may have a UTI.  Great.  It’s getting to where I just don’t care anymore.  All I care about is being able to hobble around my home and the few tasks I have to do.  I have a sign in our fridge that says....

lord, help me be the person my dog thinks I am.

sure wish I was.  Back to the night.  Started this after lunch.  Had a Zoom call with a 'friend' and went to the church for the Sunday meal and some in the flesh contact.  Was never so grateful to get home to my pain pill.  Now it’s another night missing what was.  Healthy to still yearn for or not, I want my life back.  I bought 2 songs from ITunes last night that reminded me of our good times.  Looked at all I had bought over the years and knew the significance.  Don’t listen to them, but I have them.  Maybe someday.  

• Like 3

Life isn't fair. Good people have health problems that aren't their fault. Annette had so many things wrong: Type 1 Diabetes, Stage 3 Kidney Disease, Edema, Severe Sleep Apnea... She was legally blind from Diabetic Retinopathy, due to Prednisone she took for her severe Rhumatoid Arthritis. She was such a good person, and she never got to be an old lady. She would have been cute and sweet. She did the best she could. I did the best I knew how. There's just no telling how health or lack thereof, works out. Just don't beat yourself up for things that you can't help. I know you do the best you can, Gwen. Just the fact you're still keeping up the good fight is a testament to your tenacity. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Who can have a simple problem cleared up in one try?

It's never one try because whatever they tell you, the next time they say the opposite!  And it's pulling teeth to get a response. :angry:  Just reminded me I have to try again today, ugh.

@nashreedI know, my George was diabetic too, I recognize all of those symptoms from having learned and learned and learned in my Diabetic group this year!  I wish I knew back then what I know now, maybe he'd still be alive.  But there's only one outcome and that's the one we got.  I don't even try to make sense of it.  :(

8 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

t’s getting to easy to be jealous which isn’t healthy.  Not just physically, either.  That she has a network and I lost mine

We don't all age the same, that's for sure.  It's hard not to feel jealous of those who STILL get to have their spouse, don't have the physical ailments we do or financial struggles or even just struggles doing things that need done around our place.  Nothing fair about life, that's for sure!

Oh no to the UTI!  Did they give you a Rx?  When I've had one (it's been years) the symptoms usually lessened after a day or two on the Rx.

I need one! 738090037_Mydog.thumb.jpg.1ab5f27e2e902bc6b9cd5f54a8875a08.jpg

• Like 2

Was reminded that today is yet another federal holiday in the US.  The courts, postal service, government, county and city offices are all closed-- after being open in a very limited fashion, for how long, now?  I think we need to modify a few of these excessive holidays that benefit no one but the federal, state, county and city employees.  Recognition of the birthday, commemoration or whatever but do they really need to be closed?  How does that help anyone?

• Like 3

Gwen, I hope you're faring better with the phone calls today than I did.  I called Healthnet and they said my doctor is NOT in network this year!  After an hour's discussion (the person talked over the top of me and didn't listen), they contacted the doctor's office and said it was a mistake and hopefully will get corrected.  No way of knowing if it was on their end or the doctor's, but I hope it DOES get straightened out!  I do NOT wish to switch doctors and too late to switch ins. now.  Makes me mad as I verified everything before renewing, I guess all that is for naught.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kieron said:

Recognition of the birthday, commemoration or whatever but do they really need to be closed?  How does that help anyone?

I’ve had the same question for years.  Sometimes I don’t mind missing mail as I never get anything fun, but I’d like to be able to call places that take the day off.  The biggies are fine.  I think MLK was awesome, but Columbus Day?  He was involved with slaves and finding America was a mistake!

20 minutes ago, kayc said:

Makes me mad as I verified everything before renewing, I guess all that is for naught.

I thought I had too.  New rep, new info.  Also different than the Premera sales woman told me.  Learned a lesson for this year, call the Washington health care finder with my needs and let them do the legwork. I was taken in by my former policy with Premera being so much better.  The big complication now is Medicare.  People told me I’d love it.  Ha!  It’s restrictions dictate my supplemental.  Didn’t before.  All I had to do was stay in network.  Not hard to do with UW as they are big.  Never had so many RX problems, needs for pre auth's and having to put off things while they make determinations.  I don’t think it’s the case as I’ve seen my providers are getting paid, but it almost feels like I get less attention or have been downgraded since Medicare.  

• Like 2

Geez!  The universe is unbalanced for me today.  I went grocery shopping and 2 guys with motorcycles had illegally parked by the handicapped spaces. One blocked getting to my car with the cart.  I asked the guy who had the other bike if he knew the other guy.  He said no, why?  I told him and he went ballistic!   Was cursing at me, flipping me off, calling me a bitch, said I seemed to walking fine (he didn’t see me hobble to my car).  I was stunned.  The other guy came out so I tried talking to him and he at first wouldn’t even look at me while the other kept up his tirade.  I had to tell him I got it, we were done talking, I was trying to talk to the other guy.  The best I got was his saying I had a valid point when I suggested he leave his against the building too.  I decided I would try and stay kind and gave a homeless guy some money when driving out and he took it with barely a thank you.  

I can hear Steve saying I shouldn’t have said anything.  That he could have had a gun.  It used to always bother him when I called people on things.  Guess I don’t think someone could be that angry about something I was politely trying to point out and pretty innocuous.

It makes me wonder what it’s like to live with such rage so easily sparked.  I’ve never melted down like that.  Once had a woman get angry when I parked briefly by the PO door on a Saturday when they were closed to check our PO Box.  I told her I knew but I’d be gone in a couple of seconds.  It never occurred to me to yell, scream, flip her off and call her names.  I just asked if she were the parking police and repeated I would be gone if she’d stop ranting and blocking me.

So im not innocent.  But geez, isn’t there enough anger in-the world? 

• Like 4

Wow Gwen! Just what you needed, some NUT yelling at you. Not sure what I would have done. In younger days, I might have jumped in my truck and run his bike over. Not a good idea as I imagine he has friends. Being a lot older and slower now, we probably take more crap from bullies than we should. Plus being alone gives us no backup. I'm just glad he didn't hurt you physically. Did you think to report it to the store or police?

• Like 4

Yep, like the lady screaming at me in Winco, totally nuts!  It's scary!
Gwen, I was totally deceived by Healthnet.  Checked on covered doctors, Rxs, etc, now they tell me they won't cover her but never bothered to let ME or HER know?  Trying to straighten out, another hour on the phone last night and now have to wait a few days, call and see if they did and if not (anyone want to lay wagers?) go through undesirable phone calls again...

Found this on FB this morning:

peanuts.jpg

• Like 2

Gwen , I agree with Steve's advice from beyond....I'm assuming this was in daylight....I recommend its best to bite your lip during these times,,,,that includes Masks, distancing, and parking....too many examples of Covid rage...Let the authourites handlle the crazies...Back in the day I would mix it up at the drop of a hat, these days I avoid confrontations unless someone needs help(then I'm all in).........Good news Doc read my results of latest test A1C 7.5( not bad), bad cholestrol borderline, BP 118/76, KID,Liver, and EKG good....See him again in 3 months 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, KarenK said:

Did you think to report it to the store or police?

Naw, it would have just made a bad situation worse and drug it longer.  It was obvious he was just a jerk.  Had Steve been there it would have gotten more complicated with the protection of me issue from verbal abuse.  I wasn’t even mad at him, just seriously stunned by his reaction as I was not mean at all.  Fortunately there was a concrete parking barrier between my Escape and his bike.  Plus, wouldn’t want to ding up my car.  😊

Seriously tho, you are right, Kevin.  It really is a time to not stir up anything.  Too much stress and anger out there.  Someone did get shot in a grocery not too long back for confronting someone without a mask.  

Good news on your health.  Don’t know what changes you made, but you did a good job!  

9 hours ago, kayc said:

(anyone want to lay wagers?) go through undesirable phone calls again...

I’ll take that bet!  My vote is yes, you will still run into problems.  Not a great attitude, but I dread anything now with my insurance.  Even when they give me resolutions, it leads to something else.  I figure at some point it HAS to be settled for the year.  Eventually everything will be addressed.  It’s not knowing when that’s driving me crazy.   What does it say about an insurance company that can get an OK for a brand med established (with a healthy cost of course, but they did get it done) but can’t send out the coverage booklets I’ve asked for 4 times now?   All that involves is putting it in  the mail.  Couldn’t be simpler.

whiner alert for below...........

well, Melody somehow got past me with my slipper when I let her out this morning,  she left it in the upper far back of the yard.  I haven’t been up there in I don’t know how long.  Used to be my morning routine for poop patrol.  It was downright scary trying to retrieve it.  She wouldn’t pick it up which was frustrating.  I tried calling it 'the ball' to no avail.  Made me see how vulnerable I am climbing up there and set the depression meter higher.  Even walking across the deck I used to sweep often was a trial of endurance.  Made me remember how calming that was and the dogs running around having fun, sometimes messing up the debris piles.  Pretending I was mad but it was like a game.  Fun.  Now gone.  I hate feeling this old from all the back, arthritis and vascular issues.  Now it’s got everything worked up so it will be a really bad day.  All for a damned slipper.  

Still have to attend to the parakeets, throw Mel’s ball, sit thru a counseling session.  Will have to do a sanity drive after and then a shower.  Not going to be a good day, they never are but I wasn’t planning on more to remind me how much my life sucks.  Better get to it.  Then I can veg out later and reflect on all I have learned.  Yeah, right.  More like kill time to go back to bed.

• Like 3

I have to mete out my showers now because no one to change bandages on my back, I can get them off with duct tape/ruler but can't put the Neosporin & bandages back on and no one here to do it.  Prefer to save the hard stuff for if I have to have melanoma surgeries again, not for the scrapings, still waiting to hear from the doctor about the biopsies.  Hoping NO!

Sounds like you go through what I am with the ins. but to find out my doctor is not covered after all my precautions & their falsehoods?!  I'm beyond angry with my ins.  Probably what has my BS up.  I don't even know how to let it go, it doesn't mesh with my sense of what's right and what's wrong.  Nothing fits with scruples & ethics nowadays. :angry:

Did you get your slipper back?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kevin said:

Gwen , I agree with Steve's advice from beyond....I'm assuming this was in daylight....I recommend its best to bite your lip during these times,,,,that includes Masks, distancing, and parking....too many examples of Covid rage...Let the authourites handlle the crazies...Back in the day I would mix it up at the drop of a hat, these days I avoid confrontations unless someone needs help(then I'm all in).........Good news Doc read my results of latest test A1C 7.5( not bad), bad cholestrol borderline, BP 118/76, KID,Liver, and EKG good....See him again in 3 months 

Good for you!  And to not have damage to kidneys, liver, BP controlled, EKG good, and bad cholesterol borderline, all that is great news and quite a feat!

I agree about the crazoids.  They are scary and some of them are unbalanced enough to do something violent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kayc said:

Did you get your slipper back?

Oh yeah.  That is why I was a mess even more so all day.  It was like climbing Mt. Rainer up to upper back yard.  Plus I had slept (as an experiment) on my side that didn’t hurt all night, but apparently twisted my spine enough to aggravate the bad side.  Last night alternated and it’s a bit worse today.  I don’t know how I’ll ever get past this spinal, arthritic and vascular probs all at the same time.  What takes priority?  Will drop useless emails to the docs.

I was about in tears trying to get dressed today.  Putting on compression socks was so hard and these aren’t the high grade.  The thing with pain is if you never get a break it messes up your mind.  I’m really dealing with that big time.  

Showers are a big concern when you need help. To me, that’s like really giving up control.  That would be me too after the surgery they want to do.  I didn’t mind when I was in the hospital because I was sick.  But at home I’d hate it.  Who is available to help you?  

When do you get your biopsies back?  Ugh, the waiting is so hard.  Of course wishing you negative outcomes on those.  💖

• Like 2

Made appointments for the covid vaccine.  1st in March, the 2nd in April.  I went by the place so I’d know where it was.  I saw the sign in table going by so went in and talked to the nurse.  Apparently they are doing them from early AM til about 11pm.  Mine are booked at 3:15pm.  Nurse said to call registration back today as the place was deserted.  I also saw a very long hall to where you get them.  He told me they have wheelchairs, thank goodness.  

I finally got the emails to my docs about my pain being a combo of the stenosis, arthritis and vascular problems.  I’m so tired of being told to get cortisone injections or take stuff like ibuprofen, neither of which I can, I’ve tried.  I’m concerned I might need a new hip on top of things.  So my question to them is how do we prioritize 3 conditions.  I don’t expect I will get answers that are willing to assess them all as they all want to stick to their specialties and push you to other docs that do the same thing.  I’m just a pawn they move around hoping it keeps me out of their hair is how it feels.  

Anyone else getting their vaccinations scheduled?

• Like 2

I still have no plans to get the vaccine. I have always been an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of person, I guess. Went for my yearly dermatologist visit and all is okay. I have a ton of moles mostly on my back, but nothing bad. Lab work from PCP showed blood in urine(as usual). Advice to drink a lot of water and recheck in a couple of weeks. Probably won't change anything.

Glad you were able to get your vaccine appt. Because Covid numbers are so high here, there's currently not enough vaccine, but I'm sure they're working on it.

Looking for rain here the next few days. Will believe it when I see it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Who is available to help you?  

Hahahaha. Good question, I'm alone, on my own.  I can get the bandages off with the duct tape idea, but still need someone to apply the Neosporin & bandages after I shower, so will have to go without them until I can get a neighbor or someone to apply them.  Growing old alone isn't for wimps!

19 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

When do you get your biopsies back?

It's been six days, usually it's a couple of weeks but could be 2 1/2 if they don't call before the weekend starts.  I hate the waiting.  meanwhile, snow will be piling up.

7 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

Anyone else getting their vaccinations scheduled?

They won't tell us anything, let alone make appts here.  My age group was supposed to get them in two days, now it's pushed back 5 1/2 weeks!  By the time that time arrives, who knows what they'll push it back to.  Moderna not getting the reactions Pfizer is but not like they give anyone a choice, it's get it or don't get it and they aren't telling us anything conclusive here.  Oregon was shorted and especially Lane County (where I live).  My little sister getting it made it very real/scary for me.  She could have died and she is still down with it.  I hope she doesn't end up with permanent repercussions from it.

• Like 2

For you, Gwen!

PBS.gif

• Like 2

I got the news yesterday my back surgery is approved.  They wanted to schedule it for the first week of February.  Now this nightmare is real.

Yes, I abhor the pain.   That I would have to make so many arrangements not having anyone to tend my home, birds (Melody has a place to go) and just make it appear lived in adds to my so missing Steve which would not need any of this plus be the motivator to make this worth the risk.

I’ve been dreading this day.  Now it’s here.  If I decline I will lose any communication with the surgeons as there is now nothing they will want to help me with trying to function. I guess I don’t blame them for that.  I’m just so freaked out about the recovery that is a huge gamble and returning to this non existence.  It is not going to change my isolation (will be worse for a long time), might not be successful, strangers for help and continuing battles with thyroid, anemia and my bad hip.  

I don’t know why I typed all this out.  I’ve said so much about it and my gut reaction is to go to sleep forever.  That I’m done fighting.  None of the docs get I’m scared not like a normal person.  They nod like they understand, but they don’t.  Nor do outsiders.  They all have lives and people.  Most of you here do too.  Something to cling to.  I can’t even count Melody as her babysitters would give her more activity than I can.  I feel so utterly useless and defeated by the hand I was dealt.  The more I try to express it, the more of a whiner I sound.  That’s frustrating too.  I just want to have 'normal' aging probs and some sliver of light.  I’m so sick of hearing this should have not happened for another 10-15 years.  By then I doubt I’d care about wanting to be more active.  It would make more sense.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

I got the news yesterday my back surgery is approved.  They wanted to schedule it for the first week of February.  Now this nightmare is real.

😱 Gwen:  Just read you are finally approved for back surgery.  Oh my, the first week of February is not very far away.  Or, is there another date scheduled?  Gonna have you at the top of my list of "Happy Good Thoughts" heading your way.  Hugs, Dee.

• Like 5

Not planning on having the surgery in early February.  I won’t do anything until I am vaccinated.  Will see what the February 4th assessment says about my condition.  I called my cousin and cried.  She emphasized I don’t have to do anything I am not ready for.   I have no plans of scheduling a date for this.  They wouldn’t be able to help me with my hip or vascular stuff, but it’s part of the equation too.  That may mean involving an orthopedic doc.  Anyway, I am going to try and be an ostrich til that appointment.  I can’t take the stress about it all and try to eke by day to day.  I’m also aware that I won’t be successful in the attempt.  😥

• Like 3