Prince#1

My Dear Little Prince's Story

He came home from Victoria (adopted through Mexipup rescue & originally from a high kill shelter in Puerto Vallarta), thin and with such short hair, I didn't notice the caramel colour coming through until a few weeks went by. He was severely matted when he came to the Mexican SPCA, who took him from the shelter and contacted Mexipup. After coming to his forever home, he started playing alot and coming back into himself after a few weeks, but his favorite spot was always on the couch. He was always such a sweet boy. He already knew basic commands and I believe he was once loved by someone dearly.

He's the most gentle soul. He just literally nibbled on his toys, he preferred stuffies with squeakers in his own cream color. Every time my daughters or I squeaked and sent them flying across the room, he was on them asap! Otherwise he was so happy to sit with us (especially me) because we gave him everything he wanted- love and pets.

I didn't know I needed a gentle, tiny soul in my life. But after my shared experience with hardship and mental illness, he was exactly what I could have ever hoped for or wanted.

Screenshot_20200114-124407_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

I'm so glad you saved him, it made me shudder to think he was in a high kill shelter.  Thank God he got to spend his life with you, where he was loved and cared for.

• Like 1

When he became comfortable and decided I was his Person, I was thrilled. We lived in an apartment and I took him for around 5 short walks daily, where he would skip down the hall in joy and anticipation. I didn't know dogs could skip, and have a video of it on YouTube I'll try to attach. What a happy fellow.

https://youtu.be/4oMExM8p1pU

Prince didn't fetch our shoes, but to our relief he decided to steal shoes when we arrived home instead of jumping on us! It was a game, and up till his last days I always would say to my daughter as we got through the gate to our door, "Who's going to be so happy to see you! Watch out for your shoes!"

• Like 1

I love your story...reminds me:  Yesterday I was getting ready for church and decided to wear a light green pair of suede boots...I don't wear these often so hadn't worn them this winter yet.  I put the right one on and tied it.  Put the left one on, and Holy Cow!  It was filled with rocks!  I was flabbergasted as they were in the same place I took them off last year and couldn't imagine how it could be filled up and me make it back here in them!  I dumped it over the waste basket...it wasn't rocks, it was puppy chow!  My new little puppy had packed food off for storage and decided that was a good place to store it! :P

I just watched your video, OMG, that is the cutest thing!  I've never seen an animal "skip" before!  Arlie would get a lilt to his gait that was so endearing, but I've honestly never seen a dog skipping like this!  Just precious!

• Like 1

Adorable! Thank you for sharing ~ and what a wonderful memory this must be for you! Bittersweet now, but one you will treasure always. ❤️

• Like 2