Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ive lost my beloved son Mark, 38, five weeks ago to stage 4 bowel cancer.  He was given 18 months to live and I feel so cheated as he only had 15 months  and most of that he endured so much pain and discomfot regardless of constant palliative care.

I was strong, encouraging and we were  hopefull we could extend his life by raising funds for a top up drug Avastin, also hoping to get onto trials, but it was not to be.

I was in shock after Mark's gone.  I didnt cry for the first three weeks, but now, the physical pain and upset Im finding unbearable. My GP prescribed some tablets I slept 2 days but its all back on again.

• Like 2

Elena:  I am so sorry to read of the loss of your son.  It is quite understandable why you would be in shock after such a loss and experiencing unbearable physical pain caused by your grief.  The loss of any loved one is so difficult and your son's brief painful illness is  so recent.  Hopefully by joining this forum you will be able to begin your healing.  Some of us here have lost our spouse but there are some who, like you, have lost their child.  

I lost my husband five years ago and have found so much comfort here following other's experiences.  I have always gotten strength knowing that I am not alone in my grief and loneliness.  Warm thoughts for you.  Dee

• Like 3

I’m so sorry to read of your loss.  I can’t even comprehend it not being a mother.  There is one other member in this forum that lost a child as well as her husband.  I have the deepest respect that she marches on every day.  You might want to try posting in the loss of a child forum as you’d find more parents that really understand such an unbelievable loss.  How against nature it is.  I wish I could offer you more than what Dee did.  Every loss has such deep roots and the grief is a very heavy reality we now have to carry forever.  As with all loss, you are among people that truly understand that.

• Like 2

I am so sorry for the loss of your son, I can't imagine.  Those of us here have lost our spouse but a couple have lost their children as well.  I do know miscarriage of a beloved baby as I went through that three times, but it's all the harder when you've held them, known them, and then lost them.  I'm sorry for all he went through in his life (my own daughter turns 38 next month) but glad for the time you got him.  My heartfelt condolences to you.