Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of my pet dog

Anthony. Henry

I just had to put my pet dog if 14 years down as he suddenly got sick with anemia and possibly cancer and did not show any sick signs till a week ago and was very sick on Saturday 4/25/20 and we took him to an Emergency vet clinic where they suggested he be euthanized.

i did not expect that . I have been close to him the past 2 years feeding him twice daily and taking him fir his walks twice daily. I have been with him every day from 2.30 pm and till 9.30 am weekdays and fur the past 2 months every day all day since I stopped working due to the virus.

i can see him looking at me waiting fir me to give him his food twice daily.

it is just too hard to think he is not here anymore. His name is Cody a beautiful white and chocolate brown Australian Shepherd/Brittany Spaniel mix whom we got at 6 weeks old.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had to euthanize my beloved dog of 14 years yesterday. My heart is broken and I cannot stop crying. He was my best friend and he was always by my side. I feel such guilt... like I could have done more or saved his life somehow. The pain of losing him is unbearable and I do not know what to do with all the pain and heartache.

• Like 1

@Melissa and Spencer  We had a glitch in early June and your post just now showed up.  I am so sorry for the loss of your Spencer.  I feel as you do even though my Arlie has been gone for 10 1/2 months now.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope you will feel free to write here, maybe post a picture when you feel up to it.  (((hugs)))

@Siobhan Ceccola  I am so sorry for your loss, I know it's one of the hardest things I've ever been through and my heart breaks for anyone else having to go through this.  They are some of the closest relationships we have, being as they are part of our everyday lives, and in my opinion, the most loyal and loving of all creatures...mine too was my best friend and companion.  So hard to get used to or try to adjust.  Sending you hugs...

Posting this video for both of you with your losses in mind:

• 2 weeks later...