Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Where do I go from here

Metal - I’m so Sorry about your loss. Yeah it’s very similar to mine, I read through your thread. The only slight difference is I wasn’t expecting Lauren’s death, it wasn’t cancer (I don’t think), she wasn’t sick. It was out of nowhere, which makes it so much harder to understand. We have her ashes, but still the death certificate says “pending” for cause of death. It’s been a month today, and today was really hard for me. They said it could take up to 6 weeks for the autopsy to be completed fully, but considering we already have her ashes they’ve obviously done all the tests they can do. I don’t know what kind of closure it would bring, but I just want to know why my best friend was taken from me when she was only 33 years old. Her birthday next month will be a rough moment to get through. I appreciate you commenting. I hope the best for you too, man. It’s just not fair....

• Like 4

I’m so sorry you are in the pain of not knowing what happened, yet possessing the remains of your love.  It’s a terrible place to be between 'worlds'.  Your old one gone, this magnifying this new one filled with such pain.  You don’t have anything to direct you anger at.  It’s not fair that life is taken from us, but she was so young.  To have to now face her birthday is like salt to the gaping wound.  The first year is so hard, all the firsts to go thru.  No wise words.  Just heartfelt understanding. .

• Like 4

OMG, that is so hard, only 33, so wrong!  Life sure isn't fair.  I hope you'll feel comfortable posting here whenever you want to.  We're here to listen.

• Like 2