Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The nights are brutal

Coco Forever

Frankie, I love this picture, he looks so happy in it!  These are the treasures too hold in your heart.  It's hard to understand how they can be so full of life and happy...and then just gone, it's hard to digest.  I, too, have these memories of Arlie...

Thank you for sharing your poem with us, beautifully stated.

I'm sorry for your pain, I know it all too well...

(((hugs)))

Thanks Kayc .+ to all of my fellow pet lovers who have replied so beautifully to this topic and this website has been a godsend knowing that we are all suffering in one way or another be it a human or a pet loss so for me it is comforting to know every single one of us knows what each of us is experiencing.Stay safe all in these weirdest of times.

Frankie xx

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Frankie, hope you're doing better while reading this comment. I read your whole thread, and the advices they offered to you somehow provided me comfort, knowing that there are people who understands our situation.  Just lost my 7yr old three days ago. It was a sudden death, never had I imagined this would happen. There are moments that I feel like I'm still in denial, that I would go to my room and lock myself thinking that she's just downstairs waiting for me. And everytime I realizes she's no longer there waiting, I would cry again so much I can feel my heart crushing. I cannot even explain in words how painful it is. I know your thread is not new, but still I'm hoping someone will read this. I'm completely lost. 

• Like 2

Hi Archie, my heart goes out to you. Sudden death is so hard to accept. That's also what happened to my german shepherd on 12/28. Every single day is a struggle, it's just been 4days but seems years to me that she's gone. It's hard to get up in the morning, getting out of bed is now a task for me. Thank you for sharing your story. Sending hugs to everyone. 

• Like 1

I think it's the hardest thing in the world to adjust to when you are real close to your animal.  Then going through holidays, we have so many memories, Arlie loved to lay and look at the Christmas tree.  I will always miss him.

• 6 months later...

Today would have been your 11th birthday when I’d have pampered you like a spoilt child with endless treats and toys although I know you would have not enjoyed this current heatwave but that aside over one year on and I still cannot come to terms you are gone forever as your loss has had a detrimental effect on my health although I’m trying so hard to let you go as I know you would not have wanted me to end up this way.I also had a dream the other night of you running through your fav park and me shouting you back.That’s when I wish I hadn’t woken up.Love you and still miss you everyday ❤️🥲
Love to all xx

92213CCC-453B-453D-8466-D6798353FD03.jpeg

• Like 3

II'm sorry, we never forget their birthdays and they're never far from us, always in our hearts. :wub:

Hi Archie, those days never escape us, I remember Arlie every Valentine's Day, he was a rescue so I didn't have his actual birth date but always celebrated it as the vet thought it was around then when he turned a year, after I got him.  My little Kodie was conceived when Arlie died, and born on my birthday!  Maybe Arlie had a paw in it.  ;)  One never knows!

• Like 1

Hi all. Those days of special significance are especially hard, but truly every single day is hard. I still cry at some point every single day, and it has been nearly 1 year and 4 months since I no longer had my little Roxie to hold. I think we all have a "special something" within us that made us such loving pet parents, and that same "special something" has made it especially hard for us to endure this heartbreaking journey. I do take some solace knowing I am not in this life journey alone, but it is a very lonely path... 

• Like 1

Yes.  :(