Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I keep losing people

My 6th friend in 10 years was just diagnosed with metastatic brain cancer last week (all under age 58). Also, a woman who is like my second mom has multiple myeloma in late stages. The last 10 years have been so challenging. I saw this category of anticipatory grief and would do anything to understand how to be more detached from that anticipation. I think I love people too much, sometimes I wonder how to go on. Not enough joy. Please pray for me to in the midst, have more joy and pleasure. I literally need techniques or resources to help me deal with this much grief. When I see the Red Cross truck go by I want to stop them and say, “i have a disaster.” Thank you for listening. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, my friend, to learn of all the losses you're facing. You've asked for some resources, so I'd like to point you to a few that I would recommend:

Anticipatory Grief and Mourning

Anticipatory Grief and Mourning: Suggested Resources

If you're looking for ways you can better support your friend who was just diagnosed with metastatic brain cancer, see Caregiving In Serious Illness: 8 Ways You Can Help

Note that all of these articles contain links to dozens of other resources that you may find helpful as well.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your multiple losses and all you are facing.  So hard.  You didn't mention if you are caregiving or not (I've done that as well) but Marty's suggested resources are a good place to start.