Jump to content

Overwhelming disabling grief in loosing my precious angel


Kay B

Recommended Posts

I just lost my Chihuahua of 10 years a week ago. She passed away in my arms. The pain is worse than being sliced open with a knife! I cry for hours at a time often hysterically. I'm ridden with immense guilt. I'm grasping at straws here desperate for answers! I feel like I'm going insane. I have no desire to go on. 😭

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kay B. I understand your pain. It is overwhelming. I lost my Lexi 12 days ago. She was my soulmate and taught me what true love is. I am struggling right along with you. She passed without warning. A freak unexpected accident when I wasnt home. Feel blessed that she passed in your arms. It is important that you were with her when she crossed over. Remember that. Even though it's unbearable, she passed with you holding her. There is an animal communicator her name is Karen Anderson. She has a few books called The Amazing Afterlife of Animals and Hear All Creatures. I read the first one and it helped comfort me in my grief. There is also a Facebook group of hers called Animal Communication Planet that you can ask to be a member of. I know it's the hardest thing in the world to go through. Just know you're not alone. Hugs to you. ❤

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kay B I am so sorry for the loss of your little dog.  I know how debilitating it feels, I lost my soulmate in a dog 11 months ago, it's hard to believe I've survived this long w/o him, he was my world, my joy, my everything!  Mine was a gentle giant, Husky/Golden Retriever and I miss him each and every day.  He will always own my heart.

I want to post some articles for you that I hope will be of help to you.  I'm glad you found this place, we get it, we live it.  (((hugs)))

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf
https://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
http://www.griefhealing.com/article-loss-and-the-burden-of-guilt.htm
http://www.griefhealing.com/comfort-grieving-animal-lovers.htm
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/02/pet-loss-cannot-stop-crying.html
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-attachment/201703/my-pet-died-and-i-cant-stop-crying
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2011/10/finding-support-for-pet-loss.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/memorializing-pets-we-have-lost.html
http://www.griefhealing.com/memorializing.htm

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/05/pet-loss-is-it-different-kind-of-grief.html

And finally, I do believe we will be together again, that gives us hope!  I hope this video brings you some comfort and peace...


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2020 at 5:25 AM, Kay B said:

I just lost my Chihuahua of 10 years a week ago. She passed away in my arms. The pain is worse than being sliced open with a knife! I cry for hours at a time often hysterically. I'm ridden with immense guilt. I'm grasping at straws here desperate for answers! I feel like I'm going insane. I have no desire to go on. 😭

I am so sorry for your loss, I know your pain, I'm going through the same thing, I feel like I don't want to go on. And I don't yet I know I have to, I have never felt so alone. I lost my baby last month and people will say it will get better but for me it doesn't,it hasn't. Like you I cry all the day long, and like you I scream, because my world has been ripped from me,  she was my everything, I wish I could tell you something to help but I can't bc I'm exactly where you are, I can only be here, that I will try. I need the answers too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kayc said:

@Kay B I am so sorry for the loss of your little dog.  I know how debilitating it feels, I lost my soulmate in a dog 11 months ago, it's hard to believe I've survived this long w/o him, he was my world, my joy, my everything!  Mine was a gentle giant, Husky/Golden Retriever and I miss him each and every day.  He will always own my heart.

I want to post some articles for you that I hope will be of help to you.  I'm glad you found this place, we get it, we live it.  (((hugs)))

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf
https://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
http://www.griefhealing.com/article-loss-and-the-burden-of-guilt.htm
http://www.griefhealing.com/comfort-grieving-animal-lovers.htm
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/02/pet-loss-cannot-stop-crying.html
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-attachment/201703/my-pet-died-and-i-cant-stop-crying
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2011/10/finding-support-for-pet-loss.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/memorializing-pets-we-have-lost.html
http://www.griefhealing.com/memorializing.htm

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/05/pet-loss-is-it-different-kind-of-grief.html

And finally, I do believe we will be together again, that gives us hope!  I hope this video brings you some comfort and peace...


 

Thank you for the video, I just lost my dog of 13 1/2 yrs. and she was my world. I am so lost, I relate  to so much of this video. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will read your other posts for clarification before responding, may respond on one of them...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Lexilou,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been away from this group cause of my pain, and I'm crying as I write this. I'm desperately looking for one on one in person therapy. Please don't think I am disregarding this group cause I'm definitely not! I am trying to use every resource possible. This pain inside has absolutely crippled me. I manage to distract myself during the day with daily stuff but when the day winds down and I crawl into bed, thoughts of my precious engulf me and the tears come nonstop. In my head the words "if I could just have1 more chance to hold her and see with my eyes" keep repeating over and over. The thought I will never see her again is more than I can bear. Most people can't see past "it's only a dog". Those that do offer consolation with rainbow bridge. This only brings more doubt to my mind cause at present I question whether I believe in a spiritual world or afterlife. I consider myself a Christian and have always been a believer, but loosing my precious( I called her Mama) has somehow caused my mind to believe only in what we have on earth and nothing more. So not only am I dealing with the lost of Mama, but the loss of my faith. I haven't been to church for 5 weeks mainly cause being there will cause more grief,doubt, and confusion. I don't feel like I could be in the presence of church members without uncontrollable sobbing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Church was the one place I could go to, my extended family, where I felt they truly wrapped their arms around me and cared.  I still have my sympathy cards up on my dining room table, and it'll be a year in nine days.  I can't imagine taking them down.  No part of this is over.

I am sorry you feel loss of faith, instead of affirming that, why not try saying "loss of my faith FOR NOW" as this is common in early grief.  It is not so much that God deserts us but rather that we can't see/feel anything but our grief right now, it takes much time for this to subside.  When I lost my husband I was in a grief fog...beyond a year, it probably took me three years just to process it, I read articles, books, came here daily...it's been 15 years now.  I have learned to coexist with my grief.  I worked hard at processing my grief, finding purpose, building a life I could live.  COVID came along and tore down everything I'd worked for!  But only temporarily, life won't always be as it is today.

(((hugs)))

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kay B said:

Hello Lexilou,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been away from this group cause of my pain, and I'm crying as I write this. I'm desperately looking for one on one in person therapy. Please don't think I am disregarding this group cause I'm definitely not! I am trying to use every resource possible. This pain inside has absolutely crippled me. I manage to distract myself during the day with daily stuff but when the day winds down and I crawl into bed, thoughts of my precious engulf me and the tears come nonstop. In my head the words "if I could just have1 more chance to hold her and see with my eyes" keep repeating over and over. The thought I will never see her again is more than I can bear. Most people can't see past "it's only a dog". Those that do offer consolation with rainbow bridge. This only brings more doubt to my mind cause at present I question whether I believe in a spiritual world or afterlife. I consider myself a Christian and have always been a believer, but loosing my precious( I called her Mama) has somehow caused my mind to believe only in what we have on earth and nothing more. So not only am I dealing with the lost of Mama, but the loss of my faith. I haven't been to church for 5 weeks mainly cause being there will cause more grief,doubt, and confusion. I don't feel like I could be in the presence of church members without uncontrollable sobbing.

I hope you find your way out of the crippling grief. I am still overwhelmed with grief myself, but am also reaching out to other groups, ideas, books, etc. I have found so much positivity through reading Karen Anderson's books. It is afterlife material, but I do believe in that now. I honestly feel as if my Lexi's sudden, unexpected death, was for me to find my path to a more spiritual way of life.  For, I cannot believe that the manner in which she passed was for nothing. I know there has to be a reason and I am on the path of discovery. I still grieve her everyday. I cry, I call out her name. But, I am also searching within myself for the path I'm to take now. I'm 49. I better get busy!. I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss. It is grief that is, like you said, crippling. Hugs to you❤

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Lexilou,

Oh my 49 you are a young on! I'm 66 next month. I want desperately to believe in an afterlife. That would at least give me a bit of "hope" of which I have absolutely zero right now. I also like you, call out her name, almost as if she will hear and come jump into my arms, chair, or bed! Then the silence reminds me of the horrible reality and the sobbing just never stops. I know everyone says it just takes time and it's very individual, but what is the definition or unit of measure of "time"? The human psyche at least for myself doesn't deal with pain very well, at least that's my opinion. I don't like misery, and at the risk of reprimand here, I only wish I could find escape in some fashion. However, life has taught me when one seeks that kind of avenue, reality always returns biting you in the *** twice as hard than what it was at the start. But even knowing this I still find myself wanting SOME solution to the incessant, blinding, never ending pain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello kayc,

You are lucky to have sympathy cards to display, I only have 2. One from the vet clinic that coordinated her cremation, and one from the food bank I go to. The food bank organization has tried to help every way they can. Because of covid all contact has resulted in telephone only communications. One lady I've never met offered her support, but it seemed her words well meaning as they were, kept making me cry more and more. I eventually had to cease chatting with her. At the end her attempts with spiritual support only deepened my confusion and bred anger within me I now see. After that I was then contacted by the chaplain of the organization. This lady is very good and supportive in a different way. After several phone calls which occur once a week I admitted to her my grief and lack of spiritual faith. This was momentous for me, and embarrassing to admit to anyone in a clergy capacity. She is supportive, not preachy, and its not difficult to convey my thoughts and fears. We seem to have a good rapport between us. She is willing to have once a week telephone meetings until I feel I don't need them anymore. I told her I hadn't been to church in 6 weeks, to which she replied it was ok and only return when I feel ready to. I can relate on the loss of your husband too. I was married for 26 years, left the marriage due to supposed infidelity, have been divorced for 18 years, still single presently, and still grieve the loss of him and our marriage. He remarried some 15 years ago and lives in a different city. We still communicate monthly via email. On some level I still love him, have forgiven him, and if he were to return I would take him back no questions asked (almost). Being single is no fun, but at 66 I'm not willing start all over with someone new.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was 52 when my husband died and that's one of the reasons I was so close to Arlie, the other was he was the perfect dog for me.  So unique, a gentle giant, the smartest and goofiest dog I ever met, truly a developed sense of humor!  I miss him terribly, his communication skills were higher than any dog I've ever had, very complex tonal language.  I regard every day I had with him a treasure, I had no idea it'd be cut so short, I was hoping for 2 1/2 more years!

I'm glad you've found clergy that is supportive and not pushy.  It's not unusual to have our faith shaken to the core in grief, even if it was previously strong, this kind of shakes everything to the core!  It can be comforting to believe and have hope in afterlife, I encourage people to look at videos of the universes beyond, it's very mind expanding, it helps us to see how vast everything is, a comfort in a way to see how small we are in comparison, it makes us feel a part of something greater and encourages us to think..."just maybe..."  That is the opening we need to consider possibilities!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi kayc,

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have lost your husband to death. Loosing mine was so incredibly hard and he now has another wife and life. When we were married there was a stray I took in originally attempting to find her owner, then meeting up with the pair of guys traveling from Utah to Texas had hit her on the road. Not wanting to leave her there they brought her to Texas. During the trip she revived from the accident unharmed. They couldn't keep her but found a lady to take her and while with her, she escaped from her yard. Never was able to find the lady so I decided to keep her. I named her Gone Again. Had her for 10 years until one day she couldn't get up from the floor. Hysterical I called my husband at work, we took her to vet, he said it was hip dysplasia, we could not afford surgery so my husband had her put to sleep. This was trauma no. 1. Thought I would never get over that. On one of her escapes she got pregnant. Just had 1 puppy. We kept it, her name was Gertie. After putting Gone Again down and having Gertie my husband got another dog from someone at his work. Her name was Boskey. As our marriage declined we separated in 2000. This was trauma 2. I was 46. Having a difficult time with loss of my marriage, my pets were very important to me. I wanted both Boskey and Gertie. He didn't want one of them, but made the decision I couldn't manage 2 in an apt, so I had to choose. I didn't want to but had to. I chose Boskey. Years later he informed me Gertie was diagnosed with liver cancer at 8. He never would tell me if he had her put to sleep or not. This was trauma 3. Boskey and I were inseparable. She went everywhere with me except in the summertime when it was absolutely too hot. We had an unshakable bond. She was my world. At age 6 she was diagnosed with mammary cancer. She passed at age 10. This was trauma 4. I went into a 5 year depression attempting suicide 2 times. I went to the city shelter and rescued a chiuaua mix and another whose breed was unable to be determined. The chiuaua was Brownie but I called her Mama. The other is Lacie. At age 10, again, Brownie was diagnosed with diabetes in March. I was giving her twice a day insulin shots but her sugar wasn't getting controlled enough and in June she passed in my arms. This was trauma 5. Mama was my angel, my everything, my world, as much to me as my Boskey was. I still have the other, Lacie and I wouldn't trade her for anything, but the special bond I had with Mama is not there with her. Lacie and I are working on it, but I can't stop thinking when is she going to get taken from me for not any of my babies have made it past 10 and she's 10. I must stop I'm crying terribly missing Mama.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was married for 23 years before, my husband got a divorce and a new wife also, in 2000.  But I never felt he loved me.  George was the only one, we clicked, we had great communication, he adored me, and I him, it was so apparent for others to see, I would catch them looking at us...

I'm close in age to you, I'm 67, will be 68 on Oct. 7.  I've lost 24 dogs and cats and before Christmas my son brought me a puppy.  I know the pain of losing them but Arlie was the hardest.  There was a special bond, he was perfect for me.  I know I'll never stop mourning him.  It's not a matter of determination, it's how it is with such a deep love.  There's not a day go by I'm not thinking of him and loving him, missing him.  I know their lives are all too short and each day with them is a blessing.  Perhaps you will get closer to Lacie as you have time alone together?  Time will tell, I know it'll never be the same as with Mama, they're all unique.  My Kodie is very different from Arlie but we have a special bond too, just very different.  For one thing, I can hold him, whereas Arlie was too big, but I used to love to lay next to Arlie and put my arms around him.  He was so goofy and fun, he had amazing communication, very tonal language, advanced even for a Husky, and an incredible sense of humor!  

10 is but a number...I had Kitty I adopted when she was 12 (I knew her at 10) and she lived to 25, we never know.  I was hoping for 14 with Arlie but he was 11 1/2, I got him right before his first birthday.  Trust this one will be different, it is but a coincidence they all died at 10, I get your fear though.

Weird how we've had so many similarities.  My heart goes out to you in your pain.  It's hard for me to believe I lost Arlie and Kitty within a few short months of each other.  I tried adopting a Schnauzer and he bit me four times.  I tried adopting a cat and the previous owner shot him.  I walked my neighbor's Chow and he bit me twice, the last time was bad, still healing and it's been two months, but before that he injured my right hand severely, jerking to the right quite hard, severing my nerves, now I need surgery, it's hurt constantly numb/dead/pain for five months now.  The path has not been easy.  I wasn't looking for a puppy at my age, but I'm glad I have Kodie, can't imagine this pandemic without him!  It's like having a baby in the house, toys all over the floor, needing constant attention and watching, but he's sweet and loving.

Keep coming here, expressing yourself, as much as you want, we won't tire of hearing it, I promise you, we understand.  Been there.  AM there...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi kayc,

Boy, it's amazing we not only are close in age but in the loss of our precious babies. You say Arlie was the hardest, I thought Boskey was the hardest until I lost mama. Boskey was my soul mate, a very special bond like you had with Arlie. My entire world collapsed when I lost her and I never thought the loss of any subsequent dogs after her would be as hard as it was loosing her. But then came mama. I totally believe that when an animal comes into your life,you will know without a doubt if the match is right. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling you can't ignore. When I went to the shelter to get another dog after Boskey, I was mainly looking at similar dogs. Boskey was a small Sheppard mix  35 lbs and looked similar to a wolf, in fact that was what the neighborhood kids called her Wolf , but she was gentle as could be. I never even considered a small breed dog or even gave them the time of day while looking. A friend who took me to the shelter was constantly reprimanding me at every dog I showed an interest in saying *too big too big". Almost at the end of seeing all the dogs we came upon 1 last room. It was a group of 3 chiuaua mix puppies. I don't know if they were related or just grouped together. One was tri color, one all white, and one all med brown. My friend took a liking to the all white one calling whatever the shelter had named her, trying to draw my attention to that one. I looked down saddened that I wasn't going to be able to get a dog the size of my liking. The tri color and white one moved away and began getting interested in  something else. The little Brownie one wandered and saw me standing over the doorway. She looked up at me, put her feet up on the door with a look in her eyes. My friend said "what about her"? I pondered her and my friend convinced me to go into a visitation room with the puppy. The kennel person grabbed her up and led us into a private room. I sat on floor with my back on the wall. The little puppy crawled up my body, put her little arms around my neck,and latched on for dear life. As much as I really didn't want such a fragile small dog,there was no denying it,she had chosen me and the feeling inside was definite, I knew without a doubt she was meant for me. And crazily enough months later I seriously wondered if this dog was Boskey reincarnated back to me. The shelter named her Brownie and she was that, head to tail and eyes. She was 5 months old. I considered a name change one of my choosing but then decided she had the right name. I added to it personalizing it to Brownie Girl, which later became Brown brown and mama. Our bond became like cement both in strength and weight. So you can see from day one to her last I feel total emptiness without her. I feel like my heart has been ripped out, mutilated, stomped on, and blown part with ammunition! I sit here crying just thinking about all our times together, the tricks she learned, her cute little behaviors. Most times during winter it would get chilly in the apt. I usually don't have money to run heater or ac in summer. Mama would get cold and in winter burrow under the bed covers all the way down to my feet. It was like having my own little heater keeping my feet toasty warm. When my feet would start to sweat she liked to lick them probably for the salt. Both her and Lacie sleep in bed with me. It was a habit that at night I removed Lacie's collar and Mama's harness for them to be comfortable. Lacie is 35 lbs and too big for my lap, but mama was 14. She was previously around 20 but the diabetes causes her to loose down to 14. In bed at night while I propped up watching TV mama would crawl in my lap,put her paws on my chest and lay there letting me scratch her whole body for as long as my arms could stand. I scratch Lacie too but not just in my lap. Scratching Lacie is nice but it's just not same. Ocassionally I would get sad about Boskey or worry about loosing mama or Lacie. Mama would come up in my lap and shove my glasses up and lick my tears away. Since loosing Mama I get Lacie next to me in bed and she tries her best to console me and lick away the tears, but she's frustrated I can tell. I've cried for so long sometimes she just moves away and stares from a distance in frustration. I've read dogs that have been together do also mourn. I got mama and Lacie both at 5 months. Even if the pain would subside the memories are painful thinking they will never be anymore. My heart mourns for one more touch, one more embrace, one more kiss, one more hug, oh God I feel like I'm going to explode. I want her back so very very badly.   Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just posted in Living with Loss (pet section)...the missing and loving them never diminishes, but the pain does just a tiny bit around the edges so we can cope, but oh God my heart is pained for missing him!  I do relate to everything you say.

It was 106 here yesterday, in the Pacific NW, that is unusual...they'd only predicted 97.  Kodie even looked wiped out.  I gave him an ice cube in his water.  It was 87 inside when we went to bed.  I don't have A/C either.

I always loved big dogs best...Arlie got up to 140 but lost down to 110 and stayed there, I had him on a special diet and cooked for him because of his Colitis.  110 was a good weight for him.  Kodie is a complete opposite at 16.4 lbs, expected to reach 20 when grown.  I wasn't looking for a puppy or such a small dog, I knew I couldn't get a big one anymore with my age and their strength, but when my son brought me this one, he really grew on me.  I will leave you with a video on grieving dogs, hoping it will help you.

I have Diabetes and it's very serious, more than people realize, but all the more so in dogs, it shortens their lives and affects the quality, so hard!  
Wishing your some comfort and peace...one year today for me.

https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2018/06/pet-loss-supporting-your-grieving-pet.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi kayc, it's been awhile since I talked with you. I loved seeing pictures of Arlie. I want to post pics of Mama but can't figure out how. I'm on my android cell phone, don't have a working computer. I'm still deep in the throes of grief. I've been talking avidly with DebbieGD, don't know if you have the ability to see posts made to others. I've been pretty incapacitated since Mama's passing end of June. I have, and continue to seek out help and support with her loss. I made many calls to places that offer grief support,but due to covid they are not meeting. I searched the internet and found this site,which has been wonderful. I need daily support, not just an hour every week or two. I can post here and poor out my heart as much as I please. I feel this is cathartic in the grief process. I've also found an online grief group that meets the first and third Tues each month and is run by a therapist via live zoom meeting. It is gut wrenching, not only talking about my loss, but hearing, seeing others in their loss. I have wondered which I cry more for them or me. I am a very empathtic person often bring on others pain to myself and grieving that too. I've been fortunate enough to see a professional therapist that my church is paying for, but they limit me to once every 2 weeks. I asked about additional 2 sessions that I would have to cover to be able to see the therapist once a week but they quoted 150/session and there's no way I can come up with that. I am on soc sec draw 1100 a month and my rent runs 925 not incl water, elec and internet. I get some food stamps and have 2 food banks I go to monthly. I don't have a car and have applied for section 8 housing. So when Mama was diag with diabetes I had to manage syringes, insulin, and prescription food. I fed her and my other dog Lacie human food supplemented with prescription food. They got boiled chicken breast, boiled egg, can pumpkin, and a vegetable which was either green beans, broccoli , cauliflower, or peas and carrots. These things I could get with food stamps or the food bank. So that freed up money for her diabetic supplies. I'm crying every day and the pain is barely manageable. If I could turn back the clock and have at least one more time for hugs,kisses and walk 😭 and feeding treats and tricks.......   well guess that would make it even harder to let go knowing when all that would end. My poor Lacie has been acting out of character for herself. She's probably trying to grieve herself and console me with lickng tears from my face only to be in frustration cause her efforts seemingly are in vain. How do you post a picture on this site with your post? Thanks for being here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Lexilou, sorry I haven't chatted with you in awhile. How are you managing? Remind me again when your loss was? Think it was June not too far from when I lost Mama. Oh Lexi I'm grieving and missing her so badly. I'm still crying every day. Between this forum, a twice a month online grief meeting, talking with the food bank's chaplain once a week, and seeing a therapist once every 2 weeks, you would think I would be doing better than I am. It's all a complicated situation because not only am I dealing with losing her but I've got alot of unresolved emotional baggage and a good number of spiritual issues around where she might be and anger issues with God of why did he take her away, why  he makes me go through this pain, and even IF he exists or even any kind of higher power. As I stated to some others, I had a fair amount of spiritual belief before, but when Mama passed all my faith went out the window, I felt no spirituality, and just a feeling of dead nothingness inside. After 8 weeks of staying away from church, I've attended last 2 sunday's. I feel it's a waste and I'm only there physically but my heart is not. I cannot sing the songs and barely can listen to the sermon. I sit there, feel overwhelming sadness, cry, and try to shut the screaming voices in my head up. I can't concentrate on what the preacher says. It's like the hour of hell getting through it.  I feel like I'm trying to appear as something I'm not. I've been in my church since 1996, a good chunk of time. But I feel no connection at this time. I gain strength here from reading and talking to all you folks. It would be nice to have any of y'all here in person, which would only strengthen the feelings of support. But I'll have to just be thankful I've found this site. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story about Mama. Awhile back I posted about the day I got her, it was very special and makes it that much harder to accept daily life without her. She brought me so much joy, purpose, unconditional love, being a true soulmate, and I never thought I would face not having her so soon. I chose not to follow the vet's recommendation of euthanizing her, but I will constantly wonder if I caused her to suffer and try to face the exponential guilt I feel inside.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kay B said:

Hi Lexilou, sorry I haven't chatted with you in awhile. How are you managing? Remind me again when your loss was? Think it was June not too far from when I lost Mama. Oh Lexi I'm grieving and missing her so badly. I'm still crying every day. Between this forum, a twice a month online grief meeting, talking with the food bank's chaplain once a week, and seeing a therapist once every 2 weeks, you would think I would be doing better than I am. It's all a complicated situation because not only am I dealing with losing her but I've got alot of unresolved emotional baggage and a good number of spiritual issues around where she might be and anger issues with God of why did he take her away, why  he makes me go through this pain, and even IF he exists or even any kind of higher power. As I stated to some others, I had a fair amount of spiritual belief before, but when Mama passed all my faith went out the window, I felt no spirituality, and just a feeling of dead nothingness inside. After 8 weeks of staying away from church, I've attended last 2 sunday's. I feel it's a waste and I'm only there physically but my heart is not. I cannot sing the songs and barely can listen to the sermon. I sit there, feel overwhelming sadness, cry, and try to shut the screaming voices in my head up. I can't concentrate on what the preacher says. It's like the hour of hell getting through it.  I feel like I'm trying to appear as something I'm not. I've been in my church since 1996, a good chunk of time. But I feel no connection at this time. I gain strength here from reading and talking to all you folks. It would be nice to have any of y'all here in person, which would only strengthen the feelings of support. But I'll have to just be thankful I've found this site. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story about Mama. Awhile back I posted about the day I got her, it was very special and makes it that much harder to accept daily life without her. She brought me so much joy, purpose, unconditional love, being a true soulmate, and I never thought I would face not having her so soon. I chose not to follow the vet's recommendation of euthanizing her, but I will constantly wonder if I caused her to suffer and try to face the exponential guilt I feel inside.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is tough, I know, to find your way once your soul mate is no longer in the physical world. If church doesn't make you feel good, then don't go. Since my Lexi passed, I too habe tried to make sense of her sudden tragic death. I feel there has to be a greater reason for it. Since her death, I have began a journey of my own. A spiritual journey finding my true purpose. I have learned that everything, Everything happens for a reason. Sit with yourself. Let yourself feel whatever you feel and be ok with it. Be good to yourself. Get fresh air. Be in nature. Eat and sleep. I truly believe that when our pets pass they live on in the afterlife and visit us in spirit. If you talk to them and think of good memories in your mind, you will in time feel their presence around you. I recommend this book: The Amazing Afterlife of Animals by Karen Anderson. It helped me sooo much in the worst of my grief. Healing hugs to you❤

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darling picture of her!  I am so sorry for the pain you're in, I know it well.  Very very hard to go through, I know of nothing worse.

I don't know that there is a REASON for their deaths but I do know we can use what we LEARN through it.  In losing my husband, I applied all of the survival skills I knew when I lost Arlie.  I find purpose also in helping others going through it.

Continue with the hope we have in being with them again!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...