Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Most beautiful soul

Mmyloveforever

My life has lost its meaning when my child, beautiful boy of mine no longer with me anymore. 
I loved him more than life itself. I miss him so so much and i cant stop crying in so much pain and regret. Why he had to go?! Whyyy I don’t understand. 

He was a beautiful, loving Miniature Pinscher, just turned 11 this march. He loved me soo much, always would stare into my eyes with his beautiful brown eyes and tell me how much I’m loved by him. We had such a special bond. We will meet again beautiful I know our spirits are together forever until we meet in person again. Very soon. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry.  VCA was our vet too and my Arlie went for a physical, passed flying colors, two weeks later brought him to them for dental cleaning and with the labs discovered he had inoperable cancer and liver shut down.  How?  Why?  Why didn't their "physical" catch anything two weeks before?  By then it was too late.  He went downhill quickly, I did everything I could to help him, but in the end had to have him put to sleep.  Went to another vet for that and their scale was way off so they under-anesthetized him and when they gave him the fatal shot, it caused him excruciating pain.  NOT how I wanted him to go out, I wanted it to be a peaceful release, instead I have this horrid memory of causing him the worst pain of his life.

Vets can leave something to be desired.

You are right, nothing fair or right about this.  I am so sorry that you too are finding yourself in this situation.  My Arlie was 11 1/2, I got him when he was nearly one.  He was my life, my soulmate in a dog, everything to me!

I hope you'll keep posting your feelings here, it helps to get it out, we're here, we're listening, and I very much care, I know how hard this is.  (((hugs)))

Hoping this brings you some peace and comfort:

• Like 1

Hello Kayc,

I’m very sorry for your loss. I appreciate you for sharing that with me, i can only image, I’m so sorry. I wish we all didn’t had to go through this living nightmare. I hope you’re doing better. 
My grief is getting worse day by day, It has been 4 days since i held my beautiful Mimi. I’m trying to be strong but it isn’t easy, I’m still in so much pain, missing him so so much. 

I signed up for a support group, it help a bit and I’m doing daily hypnosis off the YouTube, its comforting...  a friend of mine sent me a poem and its so beautiful. It made my cry but gave me a bit hope. 

https://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/2907.html

• Like 1

I am so sorry.  VCA is not the same as the country vet I used to have.  Don't want to use them again.  I travel an hour to go to another vet with my Kodie.

It's the hardest thing in the world to learn to live without the one you love here with you, the adjustment is a long process, painful, but eventually the pain lessens some.  The angst and love is still inside of me over 11 months later!  I realize that this is a journey until the day I die and can be with him again.  I have learned to coexist with my grief.  Life has much pain it seems.
I'm gla d you've found a support group that is helping.  

I have saved the poem.:wub: