Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Forever My Wife and Family

JimJim

They say time heals all wounds, maybe a cut or scrape will heal, all living things will normally heal over time, but when someone tells me that it's been a while and that I am living in the past, my answer being that it sure beats the now, my past is my life, Nancy, the kitties and me, this is my family, the family that I live and breathe for, the reason I go to sleep at night, and wake up in the morning for, my reason for living!! And somebody is going to mention to me that I am living in the past, you don't walk away from your reason for living, Nancy is just as much a part of my life now, as she ever was before, and this will never change, so I tell my friends, you go on and live your life, as I will live mine, forever with my wife and family, we are one, and that is for life, here or there!!             Signed: I Love My Wife and Family.

• Like 2

Healing is a process in this lifelong journey, note necessarily an end to grief.

19 hours ago, JimJim said:

when someone tells me that it's been a while and that I am living in the past

Amazing to me how people who have never experienced loss to this extent seem to think they have the answers!  You do you, they can do them.

• Upvote 1