Grief Healing Discussion Groups

16 hours ago, Marg M said:

My aunt passed at 12:30 p.m.. yesterday.

I am so sorry to hear this Marg!  COVID changed so much in how we grieve.  We aren't having services for Bert but at some point I'd like for my siblings to get together and share stories, memories of him.  I think it'd help Peggy.  She didn't even get to view his body.

• Like 1

Decided to get a permanent plaque and will place it at a later date on both aunts graves.  She was a beautiful woman, both were beautiful and made it past their 80's, my older aunt to 91.  I never thought of them as old.  I think of myself as old.  Billy would not have let me do that.  He's not here though.  He was never old. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, widow'15 said:

I tend to understand how easy it might be to give up after experiencing so many losses of her dear ones

So do I. I wonder how the fellow we knew as "Butch", how his little daughter-in-law is doing.

• Like 1

Sometimes you can find nothing to say.  Takes a lot more than 12th grade and a few college classes.  I once helped Brianna in a common sense test.  There were three questions, I made her miss all three.  I learned what empathy means.  Some things I have no words for.  

Funny you would say that, Marg.  I was thinking about her the other day.  Several people that recently joined have vanished.  I hope the best for them.  

That’s great you are doing the plaques.  I know I won’t make that far. Not from a genetically long line.  Plus I abused my body more than the average bear.

i never saw Steve as old. I think that came from changing together.  After 6 years, I’m sure he would be surprised at the changes that have occurred over that time.  I was watching a very elderly couple walking into the store recently, still holding hands and he was moving things to make it easier for her to make the trek.  Adapted to the changes age brings.  The changes I saw in him were the ravages of cancer and it’s treatment.  It was terrible to see.  He gained so much weight and the worst was going bald as he had the most glorious hair.  I always loved it.  Fortunately all the pictures in the house has that man.   My avatar is from when we renewed vows in 95.  seeing myself from back then is a shocker for me, too.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

seeing myself from back then is a shocker for me, too.

In my eyes I will always be the carrot topped woman with freckles.  No red whatsoever to the color of my hair now, but my hands shake too bad to put on makeup and a little red paint never hurt any old barn.  I want to be able to get out of the house, I want to be rid of this Covid, I do not know that fluffier short woman with the gray hair.  Mama fixed up after my dad passed.  Her fingernails were long and painted (tastefully long), she still sewed for herself and dyed her gray hair black.  She would only wear lipstick but she looked beautiful.  This Covid is not good for my agoraphobic granddaughter and I'm getting to be the same way.   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

seeing myself from back then is a shocker for me, too.  

It happens to me too.

BTW, I remembered our fellow members Butch and Gracie months ago, her granddaughter who made us smile. I was at work when I read of her passing. My co-workers didn't understand why I was shedding tears. 

I hope Katie and her sons are well. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Marg M said:

This Covid is not good for my agoraphobic granddaughter and I'm getting to be the same way.   

I’m feeling the same way.  I even feel it at home where I am supposedly safe. My meds aren’t as effective.  Read about stress versus burnout.  I’m definitely in burnout.   Stress is bad, but situational. There is an end.  The examples were a work project,  having to read a paper in front of a class, one time deals.  Then it’s done and over.  Burnout is facing stress over and over with no light at the end of the tunnel.   No knowing if or when it will end.  We know grief will never end.  We know the pandemic will end, but not when and won’t for a long time.   Living with uncertainty month after month. 

• Like 2

I never hear from Katie anymore.  She's changed her email address so I got my message returned.  Funny you mention that as I'd just run across messages with Butch yesterday when I was looking for something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took a very bad fall today, landed on my cheekbone on asphalt...headed into the valley to the doctors.  Will catch up here later, not feeling great.  I literally have a goose egg, my glasses are broken (and not due for more for a year) and my eye stings, hit my knee too but mostly my cheekbone.  Got both hands/wrists too but don't think they're any worse than they already were.

Oh Kay!  How horrid!  Yes, please let us know how you are doing as you can.  I had my glasses messed up in a fAll too but fortunately could be straightened out.  Did you make it to the doctors?  Best destination after such a horrible occurrence.  

• Like 1

As if my knee and cheekbone were not enough (along with both hands, arm, both knees, toe, back, and shoulder), someone did a hit and run on my car in the doctor's parking lot yesterday.  The doctor didn't do x-rays as she didn't think any bones were broken but she told me a myriad of things to be on the lookout for and if I notice any changes to get in asap and they'd do one.

It also broke my glasses and ins won't cover new ones.

I wouldn't use this on a dating ap!  :D

Thank you all for your well wishes, it was a long day yesterday with two doctors appts out of town and unable to ice it except at the beginning and ending of the day.  I want to stay home this weekend and ice it/rest.  At least Kodie was an angel for me!

DSCN1016.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 4:30 PM, Marg M said:

So do I. I wonder how the fellow we knew as "Butch", how his little daughter-in-law is doing.

We have no way to contact her, she couldn't log in here last time she tried and her email has changed without forwarding.  :(

4 hours ago, kayc said:

someone did a hit and run on my car in the doctor's parking lot yesterday. 

Kay, I'm just glad you were not in your car.  Right now, if it was not for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.  My heart is with you.  

• Like 2