Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Oweee Kay, looks like you really did a proper face plant.  So sorry.  I must have had you on my mind when I went to bed last night.  I had a dream with your sweet Kodie in it.  And now you have to deal with a car issue, too.  I think you have met your bad luck quota for the year 2020.  Take care.  Dee

• Like 2

Do the thing you think you cannot do: “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” (Eleanor Roosevelt).

I don't like political labels, but one of my post on FB came back to watch out for democrats with guns.  Okay, we have killer bees, murderous hornets, now poisonous caterpillars, COVID, and all I want to do is go to Walmart.

I am not feeling strong and unafraid.  I'm feeling vulnerable.  Walmart is almost a mile away.

I would say "be safe" my friends, but we do what we gotta do.   Kay, I know your teasing, but  your still pretty with your bruise, just don't try the dating places anyhow.  Might get a hold of someone that likes bruising.  

• Like 4

Wow Kay, so glad it's no worse than it is. You are ready for Halloween now. You can go as the battered woman. I know.......not funny. Did you report your car damage to police or insurance? There may be security cameras around that picked it up. Definitely take it easy for a few days.

• Like 3

No surveillance, not reporting as I can't afford the deductible and it's not severe...scraped up my fender and bumper skin.  My son said he might be able to get some of it out, will see next time I see him.  It's looking iffy right now with them moving and me in so much pain.  I see the orthopedic clinic for evaluation Friday, finally, after 7 1/2 months of waiting in constant pain!  Am very scared how I'll recover from surgery...they're saying we'll have a bad winter, lots of snow.  I won't be able to shovel after surgery, not sure how much I can do as is right now.  Even cooking/dishes, hauling wood, walking Kodie, is difficult right now.  

I get your humor, my son said we have the same warped humor so he must have gotten mine!  :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, widow'15 said:

I think you have met your bad luck quota for the year 2020.

I think we all have!  This has not been a good year overall.  Now to get past the elections and learn to live with the results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

IDK but I'd guess the latter in my case!  :D

• Like 1

I save pithy sayings and memes and images like this that I stumble upon online, the ones where I instantly feel a sense of recognition or "here's wisdom painfully earned" because they are short, concise and full of truth, and thus easily remembered.

• Like 2

I wish it had passed me by on that day! ;)

I spent 1 1/2 hours looking into replacing my glasses today (broken in the fall), haven't heard back from them and it's been hours.

• Like 1

Your post reminded me to call back the doc I missed Friday and guess what?  He’s not available til Thursday and they don’t know when someone else will call.  Now I’m tied to my cell phone because I haven’t started my list of calls on the home line of messes I’ve been battling for weeks.  

If we were in our youth, Kay, I’d say let’s say screw all this and let’s go get drunk,  😎

• Like 2

I laughed at your thought and yet I chose not to drink because of my father's alcoholism.  I know I'm not alcoholic but never wanted to contribute to my kids drinking, one of them stands a high chance of being one, my daughter isn't so that leaves my son and luckily he's chosen never to have the first drink and find out.  Still I know the remark was in humor and taken as such!  :D

I spent half the day yesterday tending to business, making phone calls.  How come nothing is easy or simple now?  Why does it take an hour to get a simple answer from our health insurance?  Or ANYONE?!  One more call to make...Columbus Day meant a lot of places were closed yesterday.

• Like 1

I had three doctor's appt out of town yesterday, it was a long day! 1) blood draw for A1C 2) lens cut/fit for glasses 3) Slocum Orthopedic eval.  That didn't go so well.  Need Carpal Tunnel surgery first, have to go 50 miles away two days beforehand for COVID testing, then quarantine until after surgery, need a friend to drive me there early in the morning.  Set for Nov 9 IF they get the COVID test back in time.  That is not the bad part.  I have severe arthritis in my wrist/hand and that is the worst problem, surgery very extensive & difficult with no guarantee of results, will be down for the count for THREE MONTHS with no use of hand whatsoever!  I have no one to take care of me and Kodie so I may not be able to do it. Cooking, dishes, housework, driving, shopping, lifting, walking Kodie, all out!  My kids both have to work and can't help, they don't live nearby and no way to corral Kodie so that's out.  I can't kennel him for three whole months!  It'd cost $2,000 for that and that's way too long for the little guy!  Then there's the medical costs.  I just don't see it's possible, this is the time one needs a husband. That lets me out!  I came home upset.  I need the same in my left hand someday as well.  I somehow see a lifetime of pain and numbness.  At least my left hand is painful but not numb, honestly pure pain feels better than the numbness pain.  One good thing is that she said they can do cortisone shots in the hand after the carpal tunnel surgery results are in to see if they give some relief.  Bad thing is the side effect can be weight gain and it's always in your body, accumulative.  But my weight is 113!  No wonder everything feels too loose still!  Maybe I should hang on to my size 8s a while even though they're a size too big. 😢
My BS was 125 this morning, 124 yesterday from stress over this.  I can't get it down.  I'm doing everything I can, eating under 20 carbs/day, which is as low as one can get, intermittent fasting (eating in 6-8 hour period, the rest of the time nothing but liquid), walking twice a day, taking Berberine and vinegar twice a day.  There is nothing more I can do!  I'm bummed, feeling really down.
  • Like 3

Kay, I'd been waiting to hear how everything went yesterday. I'm so sorry it was such rotten news. You're in the same boat with Gwen as far as extensive surgery, long recovery, and no guarantees. Hopefully, the carpal tunnel surgery won't be too bad, the recovery time short, and the cortisone shots will be helpful. It seems you do so much for other people, there must be someone to return the favor when you need help if it turns out that the hand surgery is absolutely necessary. Someone from your church, maybe? Fingers crossed that won't happen!

• Like 6

Frankly, I'm tired of going to doctors, I believe she can give a cortisone shot better than a regular doctor and no one around here prescribes painkillers.  PT will not be helpful in my case, it's too far gone for that.

As far as getting help goes, not for three months for everything, that's too much.

• Like 2

Oh Kay, I don’t know what to say.  I relate exactly to all the dilemmas about how to get to the surgery all the way to post recovery.  Neither of ours is easy or simple but......if we had our husbands it would be much more so.  No having to worry about our dogs, could be at home without looking for help, be able to get out with them driving.  I’ve gone thru the scenarios hundreds of times.  We keep getting worse and the solution (if it works) seems like a gamble.  But how do we live in escalating pain?  PT out for me too.  Can’t do cortisone.  I don’t have the diabetes, but I have thyroid and anemia in the mix.

I haven’t figured out most of the answers.  The thought of recovering sans Melody doesn’t help.  Even if boarding were free.  That kind of emptiness in the house is too much.

so this is a useless post except to say......wow, do I get how you are feeling.

• Like 4

Last night they sent me an email telling me it's on the 19th of November...they'd told me the 9th.  I'm upset as I don't know if they typed it wrong or what and I've planned around this!  So another (fun) phone call to make Monday morning.  I don't want it changed, if they were changing it why wouldn't they call me?  Also she'd specifically mentioned it being on a Monday and how lucky I was because I would get three days notice of the time instead of one, as they give that out the business day before.  Why does everything have to come with a hassle?

Cortisone will raise my blood sugar, which I'm working so hard to control!  I feel angry about all this but nowhere to direct it to, it just is what it is.  I've said many times (jokingly) "Life sucks and then you die!"  Maybe not so jokingly now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayc said:

I feel angry about all this but nowhere to direct it to, it just is what it is. 

You've every right to be angry, Kay, and I hope it helps to know that you can rant and rave all you need to here with us! We are pulling for you ~ and for Gwen too ♥️

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

That kind of carelessness on their part is infuriating because typos can and usually do change the meaning of anything.  Any date given in an email should automatically be accompanied by the appropriate day of the week, in case there's an error somewhere, you can see the probable mistake instantly and not be thrown like you describe.  How frustrating! 

• Like 4

I find I often wrote dates down wrong so have a calendar page I print out now.  If they actually changed the date on you would have me hopping mad too.  they usually state that tho.  The thought of being on the phone about my stuff, and I haven’t even committed to surgery and what that would entail,  would engulf me in stress.  I hope that doesn’t happen and you find out who was mistaken.  

• Like 1

They did change it.  Will call them as soon as they open.  I KNOW who was mistaken, it was her, she even MENTIONED it is on a Monday and I'd get called the Friday before.  The 19th is not a Monday, the 9th is.

Today would be 19 years we were married...you never forget, we should be celebrating our anniversary, instead it's a day of sadness for me.

• Like 5