Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank you, that means a lot.  Just found out it's going to snow Saturday night, they say we're in for a hard winter, God I hope not.

• Like 2

As I sit here in my 96 degree weather.  lol  Not laughing at you girls, just the weather in general. I'd love to see ❄ or even . Ain't gonna happen😂

• Like 1

Karen, we loved visiting Arizona and NM.  But, we stayed mostly on the eastern mountainous, tree covered slopes.  We did spend some time in Tucson and loved it.  I think Flagstaff and Sedona and most all of Arizona is beautiful.  We had never traveled so far until 1969, and after a few days in Albuquerque and traversing Texas, we all were so happy to see the pine trees and swampy land of home.  It's what you get used to.  I love to sweat, but I think Marty's dad had a much nicer name for perspiration.  

Brianna was just fussing because it is gonna be in the 80's tomorrow.  She has to go to doc and said she was wearing a hooded sweatshirt anyhow.  

• Like 1

And Marty, I glow at 100 watts most of the time.  I'll bet your dad was a gentleman.  Mine was from the kind of standoffish generation and was very much a gentleman.  More so than Billy, but Billy beat my dad at daddying.  Different generations.

• Like 2

They took snow off the forecast for now, I'm relieved!  I don't want to see it until after I'm healed from the carpal tunnel surgery, and after my right hand is done I'd like to do the left one.

As far as the arthritis in my right hand, I'm leaning to NOT having it done as no guarantees it'll help and could even make things worse, and I have no one who can take care of me and Kodie for 3-6 months, plus the expense.  The cortisone shots I'm not enthralled with either as it could undo everything I have worked so hard for this year with my Diabetes and weight, and I'm not willing to go backwards on that.  So that leaves living with the pain, even as it progresses.  Pain management classes???  Has anyone gone through that and does it help?  Can't do that in the winter though as I can't count on being able to be somewhere at a set time with ice/snow.  Especially if I can't shovel.  And with no school, the county will not likely take care of the roads up here.  I dread winter.

Karen, hard to believe it's in the 90s, even there!  :o

I spoke too soon, snow is back in the forecast again.  :(

• Like 1

Kay, I had carpal tunnel surgery years ago on my right hand.  Might just be me, but my thumb and first finger stay sore and weak.  So many things wrong with me anyhow, I'm not gonna check on it and just chalk it up to arthritis from the surgery so long ago,  Typing all those years made me have it in both wrists, worse in my right.  Now my left never bothers me but the pads on my fingers from all those years typing have lost most of the feeling.  Minor problem unless you drop a pill and have to pick it up.  Carpal tunnel surgery was not bad..  Our head ortho doc at the teaching hospital did it.  I was awake and heard him say "wonder if we could cut a little further" and I said "NO!!!!" and he and my resident surgeon got tickled.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kayc said:

Pain management classes???  Has anyone gone through that and does it help?

I didn’t do classes, but I went to a pain clinic.  All they offered me were steroid injections and some med that spooked me for the dude effects.  I wasn’t thrilled about injections in my thumbs and hips when I had them years ago.  I was younger and things weren’t as degenerated.  They’d last maybe a couple months.  I totally understand why you are rethinking this surgery as I do mine.  

I nixed any injections as the thought of messing with my spinal cord sounds too dangerous on iffy relief.  

It all sure puts us both in a corner of dilemma.  

I really hoped the pain clinic would have more to offer.  My personal pain 'classes' are planning on how to get thru each day and have some time I’m not in agony or worried something will happen I’ll need extreme help.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

It all sure puts us both in a corner of dilemma.  

For sure!  

23 hours ago, Kieron said:

topical for muscle and joint pain called Voltaren gel

Mine isn't muscles and I'm not sure about joint in this area although I have it in the fingers too.  

I've discovered two things...walking lowers my blood sugar so if I walk first thing in the morning it helps counter the Dawn affect (something Diabetics deal with).  And chasing Kodie around the yard this morning took my mind off the pain for that bit of time!  So any distracting I can do for myself is a plus.  Working does not seem to distract me though, it worsens it.

• Like 1