Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I recently lost my brother in a car accident. He was my only sibling. I'm having some brain fog, lethargy, sadness and oddly, when I'm outside, I think I'm seeing him in different places.

I already deal with anxiety and depression so this is especially tough. 

To combat this, I've made a doctor's appointment to receive a referral to a psychiatrist to perhaps rebalance my meds. I've also joined a monthly sibling grief support group.

I have elderly parents which will now be my responsibility. They are self sufficient and great people so hopefully it will be fine. 

I think my biggest fear is not having any family after my parents pass. 

Thank you for reading. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss...I've lost everyone but my siblings & kids, but lost my eldest sister 2 1/2 years ago and it's hard to think of them starting to go, they've been here all my life and we're very close.  Two others I've come very close to losing.  To have only one and lose him, that's really hard.  I hope you'll be able to establish a close friendship with someone who considers you like family so you'll have somewhere to go on holidays, a family to reach out to once your parents aren't there anymore.  You have already taken some good steps and I hope the psych. will be of help to you.  Grief support groups can be helpful too as someone else understands what you're going through and perhaps they'll have some good information to impart to you along the way (I was leading a group before COVID, I actually miss it!).  A grief counselor can also be of immense help.