Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank you Kay.  I sure hope I won't need it.  Somewhere in the far reaches of my mind, I have heard of this.  My mind completely left me when I put my foot on that ice and it slid (I was holding onto wall).  I forgot anything except I cannot take pain killers at all and that was all I was thinking.   I once took a couple of steps on the other side, hit ice underneath and from then on would not even try.  Like I say, we can take a lot of things, snow and ice are not things we know how to handle.  As a kid I loved it.  In Arkansas I loved making Billy snow ice cream.  Somehow things are not the same when you are alone, as we all know.  I get anxiety every time I put on that mask going into a store.  I breathe hard for awhile and then I settle down.  We have so many that will not wear a mask even though the front door says in a big sign, please wear a mask.  I got tired of playing with those idiots so I just get what I have to have and then leave.  Fixing to go again.

Get this:  My sister has her A/C on.  It is in the 70's today.  She needs the A/C to help her breathe.  

Again, thank you Kay, going to print this out and tape it to the wall.  Hope I won't need it.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope.  Myself included.  I really don’t know how to do this new way of life on top of the changes being a widow made.  This constant estrangement we are having to do socially is taking huge tolls.  I

And this is what I think of all of you.  Not gonna lie, I've had some paranoia (I call it), and somehow I pulled inside myself.  No reason, maybe start of dementia.  Last night I gave Bri my debit car

Thank you for that Gwen and Marg. I'm not brave or noble, just a woman with a broken heart who needed to tell her story among friends in hopes that some would understand.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Marg M said:

We have so many that will not wear a mask even though the front door says in a big sign, please wear a mask.  I got tired of playing with those idiots so I just get what I have to have and then leave. 

We aren’t flatlanders in western Washington.  Dee could attest to that. Seattle is built in a forest so streets are very steep in places.  Snow is crippling for most.  As for floods and such, yup, those are a big concern.  Fortunately no tornadoes.  I feel for Gin in Chicago.  They really got walloped. We’re back to the 40’s now.  Hate the wind that comes thru the mountains.  

You aren’t allowed in stores without masks.  There have been a rare occasion that has happened and someone got hurt engaging the violator.  Rule is leave it to the store staff.  I’ve occasionally forgotten my mask, but ask for one in the store, they usually have them.  If not, I trek back to my car.  Wouldn’t be a big deal if I wasn’t handicapped.  I’m just amazed how people can be so lax about the need for this.  They affect my breathing too.  I’ll have to find empty rows to grab some air without it for a few seconds and I rip it off as soon as I leave. 

It’s amazing to me how we have come to accept this as normal now.  I recall seeing pictures from other countries that had epidemics.  Never thought it would happen here.  I so hate it.  Another thing taken for granted.  I really miss seeing people’s faces in real life.  Now people even walking their dogs or even jogging are wearing them which I don’t understand.  It’s a chance to be outside without it.  Seems cars are the only places ii see faces in full. Zoom calls don’t count for me.  That’s another thing I never would have planned on.  They do save this old body from walking for doctor check ins tho and counseling purely by phone isn’t very fulfilling.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

We aren’t flatlanders in western Washington.  Dee could attest to that. Seattle is built in a forest so streets are very steep in places.  Snow is crippling for most.  As for floods and such, yup, those are a big concern.  Fortunately no tornadoes.  I feel for Gin in Chicago.  They really got walloped. We’re back to the 40’s now.  Hate the wind that comes thru the mountains.  

When I first moved here in Tacoma from New Orleans way back when, it took me a long time to get used to walking these steep hills wearing "spike heels".  No wonder my back and knees are giving me problems now.   In those olden days, we hardly ever wore slacks and sensible shoes to work.  Never been in a tornado, but have gone thru  hurricanes while down South.  I got to experience about three earthquakes living here in the Northwest.   Yes, Gwen, that cold wind blowing off the mountains can be very chilly and if severe enough can topple big fir trees.  Beautiful place to live though, except when we break rainfall records.  My Bob was born and raised here and eventually I began to understand why he loved this place so.  Not right I'm still here and he's not.  Dee        

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Marg M said:

As a kid I loved it.

As a kid we're more agile and rebound from falling a lot easier!  When I fell last time (a month ago?) there was no stopping it, my great-traction boots hit that ice and whoosh!  Down I went, hard!  My doctor doesn't give out painkillers either.

Gwen, we walk our dogs without masks here but respect others with the masks/distancing whenever we go somewhere.  At least my neighbors and I get to smile at each other and talk from a distance.  It helps!

6 hours ago, widow'15 said:

My Bob was born and raised here and eventually I began to understand why he loved this place so.

I, too, love the Pacific Northwest, to me it is the most beautiful place in the world!  We have ocean, dessert, valley, flatland, mountains, farming, you name it, there's something for everyone!  Gwen, I'm accustomed to the hills, living in the mountains.  Even in Eugene we had steep hills.  My driveway is steep so I back my car down it so I can drive out, it helps especially when there's snow.  I can't imagine backing upwards on snow!  I love where I live, it's worth the trade-offs, the peacefulness, the nature, the wild animals, the neighbors, I love it all!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, widow'15 said:

Not right I'm still here and he's not.  Dee        

That’s the hitch, isn't it?   I tolerated winters here better with Steve.  I know we are lucky compared to many places, but I have never adapted to the gloom and rain after all these decades.  Now that I'm much older, the humidity makes me too cold.  Years ago I would jump in a hot shower.  I’m just cranky.  It is a beautiful place.  Just can’t take the New Mexico sun lover out of me.  😎

• Like 2