Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I don’t understand Facebook and walls.  So lost me there.  I have an account, but never go there.  I hear so much about discourse it seems.  Maybe it’s my 'friends' there.  They were made just because I knew them in real life.  Just not interested in the public stuff.  I hear from the people I care about personally.  I never understood the addicts to that place.  I never really had much to say, either.   For some reason I was on Linked In and cancelled that.  On a neighborhood group, but it’s so wide spread it rarely pertains to me.  I know big families use it and it’s a good way to not have to repeatedly pass info.  People have shared causes and such.  Even when I was happy I didn’t like it tho.  I, for some reason, looked at it recently and saw some happy birthdays from 2019 I had missed. :)

i donwhat you do, Kay.  Record stuff I really want to watch to skip commercials.  Direct TV lets you pause and buffer 90 minutes, so I’ll do that on live TV like the news so I can skip forward.  

• Like 2

We have Oakridge Chat on FB that lets us pass on info relevant to our community and helpful for that.  Tried Neighborhood group but it never took off here.  The chat does the same thing more effectively.  I do the same with Dish Network, pretty similar.  I can't always watch the news when it comes on as sometimes that's when someone calls but I find recording/fast forwarding/deleting has the same purpose.  So important to mete out a balance between being informed and protecting ourselves from over-saturation of all of this bad news.  I don't need the constant daily Covid statistics in every area.  Once a week is enough.  Seems there's a barrage of over-information the last year!  We need to balance with a positive human interest story now and then. ;)  Something the news/newspapers aren't good enough at portraying.  Or maybe there isn't much?

• Like 1

ABC News with David Muir always ends with a good topic.  I appreciate that.  Sometimes it’s a bit sappy, but it’s not covid or violence or politics, guess those are interchangeable nowadays.   

• Like 2