Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Progress

enna

I have found coloring to be helpful as I continue to grieve my beloved husband, Jim.  It has also helped me with isolation during the pandemic.  We each find our own way to continue living. I have been coloring since 2013 and most years I find different items to focus on as I adjust to my new way of living.  I share with you my bluebird of happiness, holiday times, and my dragonfly. My bluebird expresses a change in my overall disposition today.  Holiday times remind me of how good it is to share with those I love. And my dragonfly is a reminder that joy, and happiness can happen even after the most tragic time of one’s life.

My Bluebird.jpg

holiday time.jpg

my dragonfly.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful, dearest Anne ~ simply beautiful. Clearly a reflection of your own beautiful soul. And thank you for sharing your lovely and loving thoughts with all of us.

Newer members and visitors should know that you are one of our kindest, most generous and most loyal patrons ~ and they might appreciate reading some of your earlier writings, as posted in Grief Healing's Voices of Experience series:

Grief and Fear In My Life Today

How Grief Can Affect Your Health

Looking Back

My Self-Care Basket

Reflections for A Grieving Heart

❤️

• Like 3

Anne, I used to color but my hands hurt so bad I can't even make my cards this last year.  :(  Your bird is beautiful, your use of shading and colors.  I love how positive you are, self-care is so important!  Often we women take care of others and since George passed I learned I am valuable and it's important to take care of ME!  We're worth it!

PS, I've saved your articles!  :wub:  Thank you!

• Like 2

Your kind words, Marty, warmed my heart.  I think it is important to remember that we will always grieve the loss of a loved one.  I have found that our grief changes over time.  Grief requires work and it helps to have a safe place to come to because those who are here understand the need to revisit.  It has been over eight years since Jim died.  I continue to come here because I have always felt accepted as I progress through this journey of loss. 

You introduced me to Pinterest and coloring as outlets to my grief.  Today both of these activities are still important to me.  My coloring is a form of meditation and Pinterest continues to keep me entertained during the long days of solitude.

Thank you for adding the links to my articles.  I sometimes read them over just to see if I’ve grown a bit on my grief journey.  Journaling remains an important part of my life.

Anne

Hi Kay,

We have been together now since my time here on the forum.  You have blessed me with some good advice and much love.  Thank you for all you do.  And thank you for your compliments about my coloring.  I have no training in art, but I have come to like it.  I keep the desk in my den covered with my supplies now and when I get tired of reading, I go there to listen to music and color. Sometimes I’m working on two or three pieces at one time.

I love your handmade cards.  I am so sorry you are having some trouble with your hands.

When I write notes today, which isn’t very often, I always get compliments about your cards. I am old fashion because I love getting a handwritten note from a friend.  

Anne

• Like 3

19 hours ago, enna said:

I am old fashion because I love getting a handwritten note from a friend.

Me too, it seems it's a dying thing nowadays.  I hope someday to be able to do it without pain, otherwise I'll have to get rid of all of my tools/supplies.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.
I truly love your bird.  George and I used to watch the birds from the porch swing on the patio.  :(  

• Like 1

I find it very calming and comforting, razorclam.  Thank you for taking the time to post.

Kay, I have always been amazed by the colors of birds.  The colors are so vibrant.  Thank you for liking my Bluebird. 

Anne

• Like 1