Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I’m Heartbroken at losing my cat

SukiMumma

Well I finally got he results back from Suki’s pathology thing. My vet emailed it to me and highlighted the main points, but talked me through it as well. It seems my poor Suki had something called ARVC, an abnormal heart rhythm that is something she was likely to have been born with. It is not something that would have been picked up by an ultrasound, so in short her beautiful heart gave out. What I thought was her fitting when I looked back on the cat camera, the vet said she was likely to have already passed and this was just the muscles at the end. It was like Suki waited until I wasn’t in the room with her to leave me, as would have only been about ten minutes after I left her when it happened. They also picked up deterioration of her spine, but doubt that it would have been causing her pain yet. My darling princess left me so young, but she left before she would have been in any pain, so whilst my heart is broken that she has gone far far too soon, I know that she won’t be in any pain, and over the rainbow all the hurt and sickness is gone, so she’ll be bouncing around having fun. 😿

• Like 2

@SukiMummaI am so glad you have some answers and hope this brings you some peace.  Animals try not to distress us and it's often easier for them to let go with us gone as they aren't trying to be stoic & brave.  I hope this brings you some relief to know that she didn't likely suffer unduly.  I'm glad to see you're focusing on what is going on with her now, and truly believe we'll be with them again!

• Like 1