Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I lost my Marley

Kirk Anzai

He was here on valentines day opened his present . I built him a sleigh and pulled him around the farm behind the snowmobile . Then we played and he walked me to the road I asked him why is he taking dad to the road I said (you never go the road ) now i know he was saying he is leaving . We got in the house and he licked my face 100 times as I laughed and then he went down hill and in 24 hrs my son was gone . I cant stop crying .

I do not have family or many friends ,and we went to Arizona every winter for 5 years he would swim in or lake huron in the summer and Colorado river Parker Arizona in winter . Im going to miss him looking at me out the window ,our camping and boating he would float on the tube in lake Simcoe . He would ride in polaris RZR 4 or on the golf cart or on the ATV and site on the seat of my Kubota once I got off .

Im really hurt and do not know what im going to do  .Sorry if my spelling is off as i cant see through the tears .

Kirk   

32192F7B-90F4-4011-91E3-4A95B90F497C.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Kirk. The love you share with your precious Marley is clearly evident in this beautiful picture you've shared with us. I hope it brings you some small measure of comfort to know that here you are among fellow animal lovers, all of whom know from personal experience how much this hurts. We share in your pain, and even though we're sorry for the reason that brings you to us, we're so pleased that you've found your way here. Never mind your spelling. Let those tears come. They are a testament to your love for Marley. ❤️

• Like 1

I am so sorry, Your Marley was to you what my Arlie was to me.  I called him my soulmate in a dog.  He was my companion and best friend, the most beautiful, sweet, loving, gentle giant!  Goofy, intelligent, the best communicator, my walking companion.  I lost him to cancer 1 1/2 years go.  I didn't see how I could live without him.  It's hard.  Even when my son brought me an adorable puppy a few months later, it didn't alleviate my grieving Arlie at all.  But the puppy was daunted by my grief, continuing to love me and get my attention, somehow he won over my heart, even though it belonged/s to Arlie.  I realize Arlie sent him to me.  He was conceived when Arlie died, and born on my birthday, a little miniature version...very different from Arlie, but oh have I needed him this last year of Covid isolation!

I am so sorry for your pain, I know it too well.  I don't know any way around it but straight through it.  I carry my grief inside of me now, it's my steady companion, but I've learned to coexist with it.

http://www.griefhealing.com/comfort-grieving-animal-lovers.htm