Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can anyone relate?

Just a quick update: I called the medical examiners office on Monday, they said someone would call me back this week. They didn't. I called again today, reception transferred me to someone but I just got a voicemail, so I left a message. I'm going to call every day next week until I talk to someone. I'm not stressing about it though as it's not worth hanging on to. Plus I had a massage today and feel great, so I don't want to change my head space ☺️

• Like 2

Good for you, @Boho-Soulon both!  I am glad you got a massage.  I haven't done that in years!
I used to have a doctor would do that, a DO.  It was great!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Boho-Soul said:

Just a quick update: I called the medical examiners office on Monday, they said someone would call me back this week. They didn't. I called again today, reception transferred me to someone but I just got a voicemail, so I left a message. I'm going to call every day next week until I talk to someone. I'm not stressing about it though as it's not worth hanging on to. Plus I had a massage today and feel great, so I don't want to change my head space ☺️

I got a facial massage this week. I have felt angry and frustrated about very unimportant things and people's reactions and comments to which I gave too much overthinking that all went to my face and my traits were in tension. My yoga practice was not well maybe I pushed myself too hard in some hatha asanas just to release tension that the opposite happened. My body has not been relaxed.

In these 8 years I have learned to pay attention to my body needs although my non stop mind-thinking prevails. I wish I never needed to get a massage but well. I do what I have to do to take care of myself. It is my top priority. Once you form some self care habits there is no going back. The feeling of serenity given by small things we do for ourselves, for as long as it lasts, is a treasure amid the grief waves. 

Peace.

Ana

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, scba said:

I do what I have to do to take care of myself. It is my top priority. Once you get some self care habits there is no going back. The feeling of serenity given by small things we do for ourselves, for as long as it lasts, is a treasure amid the grief waves. 

I totally agree when you say self-care is a top priority. I've never had a facial massage, sounds so pampering. I've been getting myofacial massages, they're very relaxing. I'm going to try manual lymphatic massage next. I thought it was just used to relieve swelling, buy my massage therapist said it helps sooth the body from stress, provides a sense of calm and can improve one's emotional well-being, so I'm definitely trying that next.

Hey kayc, you've been going through a lot lately, I think you deserve to pamper yourself and get a massage :D

Healing thoughts to all ♥️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They're saying we could go back to level 2 evacuation.  Honestly, I feel too tired for more of this...

• Sad 3

I had my doctor follow-up this morning, then saw my therapist - mentioned to both of them that I hope to get the autopsy report by next week. Then I went to my physio appointment, felt really good leaving the clinic. Drove home, stopped at the mailboxes to get my mail and saw the autopsy report arrived. I've been on the phone talking to family most of the night.

• Like 2

Oh wow...will go to your other thread to read and see if you posted more about it...