Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bad News-About My Mom -Cancer diagnosis

After dealing with my guinea pig issues who  was diagnosed with bladder stones on Nov 26  and then he passed on Feb 26 .  So now last Tuesday my son and I learned  that my mom  has lung, brain and spine cancer  it's not curable as we can always hope for a miracle but I'm just like so confused and things going thru my mind like going  will she make it to a year or more ? It's like I'm all uptight in the stomach  and have anxiety . Then I go how are things going to progress and trying to make sure to put on a good support as I don't want her to see me upset like I don't want that  as she's already upset with what she got hit with and  is the last  person  to get hit with this stuff as she's always had a healthy fit and active lifestyle. 

So just wanted share  this and maybe get some support .

• Like 1

I am so sorry, @lattiee so unfair how life dishes out sometimes.  Try to take a day at a time and enjoy what good there is in her time left.  You can come here and vent/cry, we're here.  :wub:

• Like 1

Thanks    Kay  as its just so unreal but I did request my pcp  to see if I could talk to a genetic counselor  and to see if I should do any  workup  for look ahead stuff  as it is  pretty conflicting  and I want to be like  as normal as possible but mom is showing obvious changes like speech loss, not able to write, even coughing while eating  even tho she is going thru treatment to slow the spread its still like part of me think it is giving other people hope which I guess it's better  to feel that there is hope than no hope you know but then still part of me is bugged  with thinking its giving them false  hope  but I don't  know  as how this cancer plays out .  As I  know  stuff can last short to long  and if it is long I  don't want to have tense issues  while I will be having a senior in high school this fall and i'm like sigh .

• Like 1

One day at a time.  I've had to learn to ride the waves with grief, even anticipatory.  I was closer to my MIL than my mom as my mom was mentally ill and abusive, but my MIL was the mom I'd always wanted and my best friend.  I took care of her the last three years of her life when she was bedridden with cancer.  It was hard but it was also a very special time too.  Back then there was no internet and I had children age 1-3 & 3-5 during that time, running two households, cooking for guests, cleaning both homes, etc.  This can be a special time even while taxing.  :wub: