Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of my service dog Dixie has me heartbroken.

Dixie137

My 12 year old service dog died on 5/15.  Grieving animal losses in the past has been bad. To lose a service dog is unbelievable.  They're both guardians and our pets.  They're our lifeline when we aren't able to do for ourselves.  My glue to this world died. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry, Dixie, not only you're losing your right hand but also your beloved family member.  I wish it didn't hurt so bad or I knew some way to remove the pain but I know of no way but straight through the grief, pain and all.  
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

15 hours ago, Dixie137 said:

To lose a service dog is unbelievable.  They're both guardians and our pets.  They're our lifeline when we aren't able to do for ourselves.  My glue to this world died. 

You've described it well, my friend. Service dogs are amazing companions, and I know this must be a significant loss for you. I am so very sorry.

I invite you to read this, along with the related articles listed at the base: Pet Loss: Death of A Service Dog.  ❤️

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss. I bet Dixie was sad to leave you too, service animals seem to be very special beings. Everyone here has had similar loss, I don't think you'll bore any of us if you'd like to tell us more about Dixie, your life together, your memories and so on. 

• Like 1